chapter xxiv ➵ the end of the festival

一✮一

Oh my god, I just fucking kissed him!

Azami leaned against a random wall in the hallway, a hand covering her mouth as she tried to control her rapid breathing and heart beat. She had just gotten up the stairs and into the hallway where the commentator's booth was at when realization hit her.

She had just kissed Katsuki Bakugo.

Albeit, it was on the cheek and not on the lips, but it was a kiss nonetheless!

She was embarrassed, to say the least, and was dreading having to meet up with the blonde boy later that day. Just imagining how awkward their next encounters would be made her flustered and frustrated with herself.

"Why the hell did I even do that?!" She whisper-yelled at herself, clawing at the white locks of her wig in pure vexation.

Despite her best efforts, the redness of her cheeks had yet to fade, and she still looked like a sentient strawberry.

Then, a voice suddenly spoke to her, resulting in her nearly jumping out of her own skin.

"Do what, exactly, dear daughter of mine?"

Hizashi stood a few feet away from Azami, his usual smile on his face. However, Azami could see the slight hint of worry in his eyes.

Why does everyone seem to worry about you so much?

Why do I you so many people worry?

"Oh, it's nothing dad, don't worry about it!" Azami nervously gave her father a smile, which made him raise an eyebrow.

"Azami..." Hizashi said warningly. He didn't like it when his daughter kept secrets from him or Shota, even if it was just harmless little information.

"It's nothing, it's nothing!" Azami waves her arms around in front of her frantically whilst  trying to hide her still red face. Her eyes were wide and she started stuttering and sputtering out random words as Hizashi walked closer to her.

The moment the male noticed her blushing face, however, his worried expression changed and his frown turned into a smirk. "Ooo~ did something happen in one of the break rooms?"

Now was his chance to tease his daughter and get revenge on all those times she teased him!

"D-dad!" Azami shrieked, her arms covering her face completely as she reddened further.

"Azami, have you been going behind our backs and snogging with a boy~" Alright, Hizashi knew that Azami wasn't the type to hide things like relationships from her parents一 because if she did, she would have her ass grounded and her lover's ass whooped一 but Hizashi found it extremely fun to make his daughter flustered.