chapter xviii ➵ declaration of war

一✮一

"Your time limit got even smaller now?"

Azami stared at All Might, who sat on the baige colored couch across her. Toshinori, who was now in his deflated form, nodded his head with a grim expression on his face, holding a small teacup for her to take.

"Yes, it is. I can barely keep my muscular form for an hour..." Toshinori mumbled, taking a sip out of his own drink.

"So, what you're trying to say is that your time as the Symbol of Peace is running out, correct? And some of the villains are beginning to realize that, right?" Azami questioned and internally smirked to herself when she noticed the surprised look on the blonde's face.

"You took the words right out of my mouth." Toshinori chuckled before coughing up blood everywhere.

Azami gave him a box of tissue to clean himself up before speaking again, "It's an easy thing to see, to be honest." She shrugged her shoulders and drank her ginger tea.

"So, what did you want to talk to be about? I'm pretty sure that that's not the only reason why you dragged me into this room and gave me a whole bowl of chocolates, plus a bento of sushi and a whole tub of ice cream ready for me to take inside the fridge. Do you need a favor or something?" Azami raised an eyebrow at the skinny blonde.

"Actually, yes, I do need a favor," Toshinori said, "It's about Young Midoriya."

"Mido? What about him?" Azami asked.

"The favor I ask of you is simple, really. I just want you to keep a close eye on the boy, and make sure he doesn't die. I'm sure you already guessed that he's my successor?" Azami nodded her head at this, "Well, your guess is correct. Izuku Midoriya is the 9th successor of One for All, meaning we can't let anything bad happen to the poor boy."

"So you want me to act as a bodyguard?" Azami questioned.

"Well, not exactly. You don't have to be around the kid 24/7一 you're still allowed to hang out with your own friends. What I'm saying is that you should keep a closer eye on him than most and perhaps even give him special tips during training, if possible. You're the only one who could be able to do that without raising too many questions, since you're technically a student as well. They'll most likely think that you're simply helping out a friend, if anything," Toshinori said.

"Fine, I suppose I'll help. But I'm not going to give him too many pointers, alright? I think he should figure out how to use his quirk himself. After all, he can't rely on people to give him answers." Azami set down her teacup and crossed her legs, leaning back against the couch in the process.

"That's fair, I suppose. Thank you for accepting my favor, Young Azami. I'll be sure to pay you back eventually," Toshinori said.

"How about you buy me one of those giant hershey bars I keep seeing online? Oh, and those giant nerds! And maybe a new fountain pen while you're at it." Azami giggled as she listed off the things Toshinori could buy to pay her back. Her giddy and somewhat child-like behavior made the hero laugh.