side story i ➵ their family

一✮一

It was strange, to say the least.

One moment, they were living the simplest of lives as newly graduates of the most prestigious school in the east of Japan, then the next their lives were completely turned upside down on its head.

Shota and Hizashi remembered that day like it was yesterday, even though the event had occurred more than a decade ago. It still felt so surreal to them, and they sometimes found themselves going to bed each night wondering if it was all just a trippy yet strangely wonderful dream they had both dreamt of and that they would suddenly wake up the next morning and come to realize that none of the things they had been going through was real.

But each time they woke up in each other's arms, they were reminded that it was, in fact, not a dream; and that fact was further cemented when they walked out of their comfy shared bedroom and trudged towards the small black door that stood at the end of the hallway next to a wall window.

Within that closed door, their little treasure laid peacefully among an array of different colored sheets, ranging from purple to blue to yellow to red.

She was the one who kept reassuring them that their blissful lives were, indeed, not a work of their minds in an effort to distract them from the cruelty of the world around them.

Azami Yamada-Aizawa.

The young couple both smiled softly upon seeing their daughter's peaceful and undisturbed expression through the small crack they peeked through at her bedroom door. Their hearts swelled inside of their chests as a rapturous feeling erupted inside of them like a volcano.

This was the life they were living; and they couldn't be more happier.

Shota and Hizashi looked at each other with the same fondness and love as they had back when they had both come to realize their feelings for each other back when they had been put in the same class back at U.A.

They could never get over the fact that it had been 21 years since they had first met, 16 years since they both developed feelings for each other and 14 years since they actually confessed their love to one another-- albeit Hizashi was the one to actually do it whilst Shota had rejected his feelings for fear of what his parents might think of and do to the both of them if they found out about their developing love for one another back then.

However, despite having been rejected every time he confessed his undying love and affection for the seemingly lazy black haired male, Hizashi never have up on his feelings and kept on chasing after the boy of his dreams like a lost puppy running after its owner.

And boy was Shota glad that the blonde did so; because of he didn't, then he was sure that he wouldn't be living the life he is now, with an actual loving family.

See, Shota never really grew up in what one would call an "ideal family".

But that's a story for another day.

The two males stared at each other lovingly, a small smile creeping onto their faces as they gazed into the other's eyes.

Charcoal with green, and green with charcoal.

"I love you," Shota whispered breathlessly.

He said the words before he could even comprehend them-- before he even thought of what he was saying. However, he had no regrets and silently cheered upon seeing the flustered expression of his boyfriend.

They rarely said those words to each other these days, since they often used actions and expressions instead of ordinary words to convey what they were feeling. Although, those three little words never failed to make their hearts soar just as high as when they were, for example, kissing.

"I love you too," Hizashi whispered just as breathlessly.

"I love you both," a feminine voice said from within the room they had been peeking in mere moments ago.

The two of them looked back through the door and smiled on seeing their little girl with her eyes open, although they were still half-lidded, probably because she was still a bit sleepy.

"Good morning, Mimi." Hizashi didn't hesitate to move through the door and plopped himself onto Azami's bed while Shota quietly threaded next to him.

"Good morning," Shota smiled and bent down placing a small kiss onto his daughter's forehead gently.

"And happy birthday."

一✮一

August 8 is the date I decided to give Azami as her birthday! I'm really sorry if this chapter sucks, it's actually a bit rushed and I didn't have enough time to finish it up, oof. I hope you all can forgive me owo.

Anyway, have a good one!

一✮一

[746 words]
[written: 08/08/19]
[21:23]