chapter v ➵ believe in yourself

一✮一

"Good afternoon, obaasan!"

Azami smiled as she entered the infirmary and greeted Recovery Girl, or Chiyo Shuzenji.

"It's nice to see you again, Azami. What brings you here?" Chiyo asked.

"Oh, I kinda used my quirk earlier so I was bleeding a lot and my dad wanted me to come visit you so he could make sure I'm really okay before we head home," Azami said, walking over to the her as she spoke.

"Who did you use your quirk on this time?" Chiyo seemed rather amused by the situation.

"All Might was watching the class from around the corner and I mistook him for an enemy so I apprehended him." Azami rubbed the back of her neck, fiddling with the edge of her choker as she did so.

Chiyo shook her head disapproving, but a small smile graced her lips still. She made the girl sit down on one of the beds. Slowly but surely, Chiyo began healing her and running small tests on her to see if she had anymore complications, like potential internal bleeding or hidden broken bones. After making sure that nothing else was wrong with her, Chiyo gave her a quick kiss on the cheek along with some pez.

"There, you should be relatively fine now." Chiyo smiled at them both. "Now then, get out of my office, I have some work to do."

Azami gave her a quick thank you before leaving the infirmary hurriedly. Shortly after that, she made her way back to the faculty to join her fathers in going home.

一✮一

"Really, Mimi, you should be more careful!"

"It's not my fault Uncle Yagi was acting like a creep..."

Azami sat at the back of the car, a pout on her face and a large tub of ice cream on her lap.

As an apology for making her use her quirk, and to make amends with Shota and Hizashi, Toshinori had decided to buy her a humangous tub of the delicious desert.

Where he even got it from, she didn't know.

Its flavor was cookies and cream, which was one of her personal favorites. It surprised her that Toshinori managed to remember that she liked this flavor, given the fact that the last time she saw him and had a proper conversation with him was five years ago.

"You could've just told me about it instead of risking yourself, Azami. I could've taken care of the situation myself." Shota looked at Azami through the rear view mirror before moving his gaze back on the road when the lights turned green.

"That would've just caused worry among my classmates," Azami said.

"We're just glad you're alright, Mimi." Hizashi smiled at his daughter and reached towards her, patting her head.