Chapter 15

I felt like I had been smacked in the face. I had been through heck to get here and will have to go back.

I took a deep breath thinking, whatever for Newt.

"Fine," I breathed. I was so confused looking at everything, why was I even here? How did this happen. My life truly sucked. It didn't help that Newt was carried away by doctors and I was trapped in a white cell. Only one question continued to cross my mind, would I be in the maze alone?

================

I awoke to the sound of a push of the steady metal door opening. I wanted answers and I wanted them now. But the person that walked through the door was someone I doubted had some. That person was Newt. Happiness washed over me as I ran to him. He looked startled and didn't hug back. I didn't care I just was so happy to see him alive. I was crying.

"Newt! Oh, Newt I missed you so much. What they do to you?" I asked staring into his confused face.

His face showed more confusion as I awaited an answer, "Why did you miss me it's been, like 2 hours? We have gone more periods without seeing each other. I am so grateful they decided not to put us in the maze, I was worried they would put us separate too." Now he hugged me and I didn't hug back.

"What's wrong he asked looking at me with great worry, "Newt, you and I, were separated, I guess."

"Huh?"

"Newt, you and I were in the maze for 2 years."

"What? Then why don't remember and you do?"

"Newt, I honestly don't know why you don't remember. But me...umm..."

"Chloe..."

"Newt I don't remember anything other then the maze."

"What, but Chloe. That's crazy. This is just one of their tests. Chloe why are you in part of this test!"

"Newt this is not a test, I swear."

"Then why did you miss me so much, if we obviously didn't remember...us."

"Because we were reunited...we fell in love again. Newt you died in my arms."

Now all he was doing was laughing.