Chapter 17

TO: My Associates
FROM: Ava Paige

Subject B5 has become immune to our control of the brain. She is also exhibiting odd behavior. I feel it necessary to leave her in her current state. Later on we shall place phase two in proper order. Until tomorrow.

I was screaming now at all of them, I was crazy. I slammed my fist on the table.

"YOU ARE ALL DEAD! YOU WERE ALL IN THE MAZE! YOU ARE ALL DEAD!"

Guards appeared, the same as before, and I calmed down. Crying and hugging my knees. I didn't feel like myself. To guards gabbed my arms and as I was dragged from the room. I looked to see Newt, Thomas, Sadira, and Caroline staring blank face at me. They didn't give a bloody heck about me, no. And 'Newt' hadn't said bloody like Newt had in the maze. That's when I noticed they weren't Caroline, Thomas, Newt, and Sadira. They are different people. You are your memories. And these strangers had no true ones.

They brought me back to the tiny white cell/room.

I woke up and felt a slight ace in my back. I places my hand over the area to feel slight bumps. After nearly 5 minutes of feeling my back/neck I made out the words that surprised me.

Subject B5
The Solo
Property of WICKED

What was WICKED? Sadira had mentioned this. The Solo? What the heck was that suppose to mean? Subject B5? Was that like my name? Is my name really Chloe?

Trying to calm myself down I kept telling myself: it's better than the maze, it's better then the maze. But was it really?

I couldn't think my brain felt like a piece of mulch getting crushed slowly. So slowly I fell asleep.

******Newt's POV******

My brain today wasn't telling me WICKED is good like it had after Chloe was dragged away. Now I was worried. I wanted to help Chloe to find her. I just felt useless. Caroline and Sadira felt the same way, I could see it in their faces. When Sadira turned around I spotted some black ink on the back of her neck.

"Sadira," I said.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"Come here."

She came to me and I turned her around to get a closer look examining her neck. It read:

Subject B9
The Loyalist
Property of WICKED

I told this to Sadira and she asked me to turn around as well so I did and she read aloud what was on my back.

"Subject A5. The Glue. Property of WICKED."

"Subject B4. The Leader. Property of WICKED." This was Caroline.

Everyone went around reading each other's 'tattoos'. I went over to Thomas to read his.

But his neck was blank.