Chapter 29

Angel's POV

I thought it was the right moment. It felt right. I liked him a lot. I mean A LOT. Chloe hates him so he's free, right? I guess I didn't realize that he didn't feel the same way.

"I'm sorry," I told him innocently. He had one eyebrow up in disgust. Why so grim, Newt?

"What's bloody wrong with you? Why am I saying bloody? I NEVER SAY THAT!" Newt shouted pushing his hands to his face in frustration. He looked like he'd gone insane.

"I'm sorry," I said again slowly.

"It's fine," he said standing up and sighing, "okay, so just one swift moment."

Newt pulled the trigger and it hit the bull's eye. He shoot two more times angrily, hitting the bull's eye every time. I am impressed.

Newt just stared for moments looking at the target, staring at the bullet holes.

There was a large thump and Chloe came rushing in, "NEWT! NEWT! I'm so sorry, WICKED got to me!"

She pulled Newt into a hug, as everyone stared, "Oh Goodness. I take back everything I said."

She kissed him on the check as she cried. Newt was crying too, holding her in a hug.

"Please forgive me!" Chloe pleaded.

"I forgive you. I love you." Newt told her back tears still visible.

As Chloe said mufflely, "I love you too." Newt and I made eye contact. I stared sadly while he looked blank and expressionless. He kissed Chloe on the head as they swaddled.

I did everything wrong. Just keep the kiss from Chloe. That's all I have to do.