The aftermath of breakup

I'm gonna pretend that this day never happened.

Well, nice said Jane. Yesterday you were going to pretend nice with Mrs. Harrington and you were about to success if her toothless son wouldn't have spilling toothpaste on your favourite sneakers.

I cringed remembering her son. He's horrible, and gives me nightmares every day.

Mrs. Harrington is a thirty eight year old woman, precisely, who lives next door with a husband who doesn't talk much and like to bury his face into newspaper, and a seven year old toothless son who look like as if sent from hell to torture the entire human race.

I remember what happened last year on thanksgiving. He spilled toothpaste in my pudding. And then I broke his teeth.

Just kidding.

I'm a peaceful woman who doesn't believe in violence.

I didn't hit him. I just gave him the taste of his own medicine by shoving the 'toothpasted' pudding into his mouth.

However, what happened today is going to haunt me forever, and I'm not gonna forget it because he'll be here to remind me the worst day of my life.

Leonardo Vincenzo-My boss.

I took out the apartment keys from my jeans' pocket and unlocked the door slowly so my younger brother who lives with me wouldn't hear me coming in.
He is a minute younger than me and a chef at San Carlo hotel which is a best hotel in New York. He gets paid pretty well.

My mom and dad who lives in Savannah, Georgia had insisted him to move into his own apartment but I opposed them because I thought I'd get my personal chef for free. As I thought, now he cooks for me everyday before leaving for his job.

I put the keys on the counter and poured a wine for me.
Sipping a wine, I sank onto the couch. A wine might do some better in forgetting the worst day of my life.

"Evening, Sister."

"Saitan's ass!" I jumped off the couch being appalled from Luke's sudden appearance. "You scared the hell out of me." In response he chuckled and tossing his bag on the table, took a seat next to me.

"Your dinner is ready. Must be in your stomach before 7. And if you tried to throw the beans out of it, I'll not hesitate in augmenting the quantity." He admonished me. Ignoring him, I took another sip and another and then another until the glass got empty.

He was scrutinising me intently as I walked over to the counter and returned with a whole bottle of wine in my hand.

"Sis, you okay?"

"Totally." Alcohol was consuming my brain and I finally realised that I really being ditched.

Duck shit.

"I caught him with another woman." I sobbed, tears pouring down my cheeks.
It is so much easy to tell someone that I don't care. But this is reality. The aftermath of break up.

Luke sighed and gave me a side hug, and I soaked his shirt with tears. "I warned you when you started dating him." His voice was soft, "But whatever happened, happened. Wine doesn't solve problems."

"Neither do water." I added in a croaky voice. His chest rippled as he chuckled.

I continued, "He said he wants to fulfill his needs. If I won't give him what he wants then there are other women who can do this for him." I heard him blurting some curses. "He said I don't even know how to kiss a guy, and...and I'll probably die alone."

"That son of a bitch! I'll kill him." He cursed under his breath.

"But then I punched him in his face."