Who needs a boyfriend when you've a warm and cozy pillow?

Jane

Following day, I woke up with a severe headache and an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I remembered everything that happened last night in Eva's party. From me getting drunk, Ryder being oddly friendly— to the amazing fight between Leo and Ryder. Leo had beat the shit out of him. When I was woozy he was the one who brought me home. I wondered why he did that. Why he cared for me when he'd been fucking his old shagmate for all this time?
I didn't have any idea what the hell was going on in my life. First, he acted so sweet and caring like a Prince Charming and then he got back to his original mode. Banging Erica behind my back. And now, again, he was caring towards me. Why he was so complicated?

I flung off the sheets and noticed a red stain. Bloody hell.

I showered leisurely and put on my favourite red pajamas with a reindeer print over it.
Once I stepped out of the bathroom I disposed the previous dirty sheets and replaced them with the new one. I groaned as cramping pain started in my lower abdomen. It normally happens during every cycle. Fortunately, my cycle lasts for 3-4 days.

As I slipped between the sheets, a soft knock approached me. Luke's head popped in followed by his whole body.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked. Concern laced in his voice. He never liked the idea of me drinking.

I nodded slowly, "A bit woozy."

He gave me a nod and continued, "I'm going out with Tessa. Remember I told you about her the other day?" I hmm'ed and he continued further, "She wants me to take her to Opera so I might be late tonight. You need anything before I leave?"

"No. I'm good." I assured him. It's good that one of us is happy in love life. "Enjoy your date, brother. I'm happy for you."

He grinned before leaving, "Thanks, sis."

I pulled the sheets over my face and snuggled deep into the pillow. Who needs a boyfriend when you've a warm and cozy pillow?

I was about to fall asleep when my phone began ringing. I groaned and picked up the call.

"Oh sweetie, Your dad showed me the newspaper this morning. We got so worried about you, baby. How are you doing?" Mom sounded so worried.

I sat up straight and rubbed my head. News like this spread like a wind in this world. "Umm..yeah, mom. I'm fine. Don't worry about me. It was just a normal fight. Nobody got hurt." I tried to keep my tone in control even if I was on a verge of breaking. I couldn't let her witness the another heartbreak of my life. I'd tell her soon but not now. Though my mom was very diplomatic. I remembered how She handled my breakup with Ryder. Mom and dad accepted him and He became a part of our family. Yet, Mom consoled me that I'd find my Prince Charming soon. I'd find love again. And when I really found the love of my life, she was so happy and excited to welcome him in the family. That's why, If I tell her that Leo ditched me as well she'd be crestfallen. She's my mom and she wants to see me happy.

"Oh..." Mom said. "That's a good thing. Your dad and I are so worried about your love life, Sweetie. Specially your dad. He keeps asking me about Leo. You know you're his princess. He doesn't want you to get hurt again. Oh....he still has your grandma's stick to beat that son of a bachelor. He hates Ryder for being a jerk to you."

I sighed. They still hate Ryder for what he did to me. Off course they'd never forget it. So do I. But I also couldn't deny the fact that he fought with Leo for me. Ryder was the only one who was there for me when I needed someone to give me a shoulder to cry on.

"For now, Forget about the boys mom. Tell me how are you doing?"

"Oh, I'd been on beach with molly, Hannah, savita, Ashley and Rachel this Sunday." She giggled, "I wore the sexy green bikini that we'd bought from walmart last year."