A leep in the dark

Jane's pov

I didn't expect that.

When he leaned in and the moment I felt his tongue at the corner of my mouth I didn't felt a urge to knock his balls. Instead, I felt thousand bolts of electricity jolted into me. Oh my goodness, Never had I ever felt this with Ryder. Nor I'd ever indulge in a fantasy to experience this with anyone. And here I was feeling spark with my 'devil without horns' like boss.

Perhaps, because he was apologising for his behaviour on the beach with me.

Oh god, I still turned red remembering that day when he almost had me wet only by the mere touch of his lips on my neck.

"Come to my place tonight?" The second I heard his deep voice I felt heat crept up to my neck and my heart skipped a beat. Was he really wanted me to spend a night and warm his bed for him after apologising for his misdemeanour just a minute ago?

His voice was deep though, yet it appeared as if he was pleading me to come over his place, and not for shaking up but—

No. He was Leonardo Vincenzo. He'd never want to spend some time with me.
He wasn't a person who holds hands and cuddles, but a person who believes in 'Let's fuck at first sight.'

"W-What for?" I asked, trying to look confident but my voice betrayed me as it came out shaky and low.

He was about to responding but his phone rang and smiled as he looked at the screen. His eyes returned to me and held me for awhile before he said, "Nothing, I was just joking." I guess the call is important. I should leave now.

He gave me a nod and I took it as my cue to leave.

Rest of the day went as usual —attending calls of his one night stands, arrange meetings, typing and reading E-mails, and not to mention preparing coffee for Leo.

Leo left unexpectedly early, while somehow I'd managed to over my work before the expected time and took my leave as well.

The very next morning I woke up before six and did my daily routine—showered and put on sky blue printed top and navy blue pencil skirt.

I picked up a copy of schedule as I headed to Leo's office.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Jane." Leo greeted with a cheerful smile on his face. I wonder how he got this work spirit considering the other activities he does. "How you sleep last night? Did you Dream about me?"

"Dorcus is enough, Sir." I retorted, mirroring his expression, "I'll definitely have to summon the exorcist if another devil tried to haunt my dreams."

He let out a laugh before he left his seat and began taking slow paces in my direction while hands in his pants' pocket. "I can fire you for verbally assaulting me if I want to. You know that right?" He said in a husky voice with a smirk on his face. "However, considering the fact that you're my girlfriend as well...I won't fire you."

"Pretend." I corrected, pursing my lips together in a thin line and dragging him back to reality.

I am not his real girlfriend.

Not yet

And I hadn't even considered it to be happen in future.

"Ouch" He placed his hand on his chest and dramatically pretend as if he was hurt.

I rolled my eyes and read today's schedule for him, "At 10 o'clock, You've a meeting to attend at Adams'. 2:30—You've a lunch meeting with Mr.Lockwood in aspects of Joining forces against Williams......"