Chapter 2

Dianne's POV

I was recently reading a book about the worlds big unanswered questions. Like are soulmates real? Is fate real? What is the meaning of a good life? Does life require a purpose and a goal? What is happiness? The book got me wondering about my own life and what I want in it and if I'm actually happy...

Emily-"Hello earth to Dianne... DIANNE"
Dianne-"Wha-w-What sorry yeah"
Emily-"Honestly you're always daydreaming"
Marissa-"Come on we are gonna be late"
Dianne-"I know we're coming"
Emily-"I'm so excited"
Marissa-"Remember what happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii"
Ellie-"Come on we're gonna miss the flight"

We all squealed as we left the house and into the black cab that was waiting for us. We arrived at the airport and got through security quickly thankfully. We were all rushing around trying to find the gate that we were supposed to be at.

Marissa-"I'll check the left side of the airport"
Ellie and Emily-"We'll check the middle"
Dianne-"I'll check the right then"
Emily-"K"

We all ran our separate ways. I ran to the right side of the extremely large airport. I look at the gates and I couldn't see ours, I turned around and just as I did a young man walked straight into me and knocked me to the ground. "Oh my god I'm so sorry," He said in a rush. I looked into his ocean blue eyes and stumbled "Urm it's okay"
He was young and full of life but he looked so uncertain like he didn't know where he was going or what life would bring him.

J-"I'm Joe, by the way, let me help you up"
D-"I'm Dianne... thanks"
J-"Are you hurt?"
D-"Urm no I urm I don't think so"

I got lost in his eyes, they held so much character and depth. I stumbled over my words like an idiot, when I heard Emily call me.

D-" Sorry that's my friend I've got to go"
J-"Oh no it's fine, you don't want to miss your flight"
D-"Right"
J-"Sorry again"
D-"It's fine thanks for helping me up"
J-"It's okay"
Emily shouted my name once again.
D-"I've really got to go"
J-"Bye, hope you have a great holiday"
D-"You too"

I ran off back to my friends I glanced back at Joe multiple times he had his eyes on me too. I had butterflies. Why do I have butterflies? It's probably nothing. However, when I laid eyes on him all those butterflies faded away.

Follow my Instagram: suggwell_city
Check out my other Joanne stories:
•Back In Time
•The Wedding Planner
•Strictly Love