Chapter 20

Joe's POV

Dianne and I have been tasked with getting groceries. The market we were at had every colour whether that was: what someone was wearing, the colour of the stall or the colour of the food, it was all bright and beautiful. I was following Dianne around the crowded market. I thought I was going to lose her, this clearly wasn't her first time here. She carefully pushed through the crowd trying to not knock anyone over. She headed towards this older-looking woman who was selling fresh fruits and vegetables. She smiled softly at Dianne when she got there as she did to me.

D-"You made it through the crowd alive then"
J-"Yeah"
D-"Urm please can we have these, these and these thank you"
Lady at stall-"Of course you can love"
J-"Thank you"

Whilst the lady put them all in the bag, I put my arm around Dianne. She shuffled closer and rested her head against me. Okay, that narrows it down. So she wasn't going to say she doesn't love me because otherwise, she'd try to stay away from me. It's either she loves me or it's too soon. Whichever it is it won't change the way I feel about her. I'm in love for the first time in my life and it's probably going to be the last. When I used to imagine my life I always wanted to get married and have a beautiful family in a big house. I've now got the money for a big house but no wife or kids. I've not even got a girlfriend. But now when I imagine my life I imagine me and Dianne growing old and having this big, beautiful family in a cosy home that's decorated with so many plants it looks like it's from a children's book. I imagine my kids having a mixture of mine and Dianne's eyes so a sort of grey colour, I imagine them to be beautiful which definitely comes from Dianne. I imagine running through fields playing with them, I imagine having a family dog who's always up for cuddles. I imagine my life with Dianne and I don't think I could ever imagine my life with anyone else so if Dianne doesn't love me back then I don't know what I'll do because she's the love of my life, she's the one I wanna marry, she's the one I want to live the dream with. I want her.

D-"Joe come on"
J-"Oh"
Lady at stall-"Take care love"
D-"Thank you"
Lady at stall-"It's okay sweetheart"

Dianne wandered back through the crowd, me following closely behind.

D-"Are you okay you looked really deep in thought"
J-"Yeah wait stop"
D-"Okay"

Dianne stopped and stood in front of me. I just looked at her and hugged her.

D-"Joe... are you okay"
J-"Yeah"

I kissed Dianne's forehead which made her smile.

J-"Dianne I meant what I said this morning I love you like a lot a lot"
D-"Joe I-"
Caspar-"JOE come on let's go we're going to the beach"
J-"Urmm"
D-"Go it's okay I can carry these back on my own"
J-"Okay sorry"

I kissed her forehead again before running off to join the boys. I can't believe it happened again. What was she going to say?

Follow my Instagram: suggwell_city
Check out my other Joanne stories:
•Back In Time
•The Wedding Planner
•Strictly Love