Chapter 9

Joe's POV

The water gently crashed against there bodies. It was magical. The blue-grey creatures bounced on the waves dancing in the moonlight. Turquoise blue water swayed side to side as the dolphins raced in it. They went under again. Air bubbles rose like a count down until they came up again. Dianne sat on the edge of the hill her legs dangling off of it. She giggled as the dolphins jumped back up putting on a performance so I could hear that beautiful laugh of Dianne's once more. I looked at her and it made me smile, it sounds so simple but the emotions I am feeling towards this amazing woman aren't. Maybe that's where I am going wrong. All my life I've been looking for a girl that I could fall in love with when I should have been looking for a woman, more specifically Dianne.

J-"It's- it's"
D-"Breathtaking, magical"
J-"Yeah... how do you know about this place"
D-"Well I lived here for a while and I'm quite the explorer, in other words, I'm a very curious person"
J-"Do many people know about this"
D-"No an elderly couple who live next door, me and you"
J-"Wow"
D-"Only special people know about this place"
J-"I'm special"
D-"Maybe"
J-"..."
D-"I'm still yet to decide but so far yeah"
J-"Good"
D-"They only come out here at certain times"
J-"Well it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the sea creatures if they hogged the spotlight now would it"
D-"It definitely wouldn't... come on let's jump in"
J-"Are you kidding me"
D-"No"
J-"I'm fully clothed"
D-"It's good that clothes dry then isn't it"

Dianne took a few steps back before jumping into the crystal clear water. She's unbelievable in the best way possible. "COME ON" I shook my head before following Dianne. I went under, I opened my eyes to see the second most beautiful thing in my life. A palace of colour. There were reds, pinks, purples, greens and blues. Tiny fish swam in and out of the coral. It's was magical just like Dianne said. Dianne swam down, her bright red hair floating next to her head. She truly looked like a mermaid. She smiled before grabbing my hand and pulling us both up.

D-"So what do you think"
J-"It's the second most beautiful thing I've ever seen"

Dianne looked confused.

D-"What's the first"
J-"You"

Dianne's cheeks were kissed with a light pink. She smirked before turning away in embarrassment.

J-"You're blushing"
D-"..."
J-"Why are you embarrassed"
D-"..."
J-"No ones ever told you your beautiful have they"

Dianne shook her head.

J-"Well I am and I'm right"
D-"I don't get told I'm beautiful I get told I look hot or sexy"
J-"Well you maybe those things but you're also so much more than that you're funny, smart, caring, forgiving, again sorry about the airport"
Dianne chuckled.
J-"Dianne you're-"

What happened next I'm gonna remember forever. I was cut off from what I was saying by Dianne's delicate lips firmly pressing against mine. Her soft arms wrapped around my neck and her legs wrapped around my waist. We pulled apart and I finished my sentence "a good kisser" Dianne giggled before she gently leaned in and kissed my warm lips again. We pulled apart but not for the same reason. We were splashed with water. Dianne and I both turn around to see two what looked like young dolphins swimming next to us.

D-"They're laughing"
J-"They're cute"

Dianne splashed them with water before they splashed back.

J-"How do they know how to do that"
D-"I said I lived here for a while didn't I"
J-"You taught them"
D-"Of course they could have only learnt from the best"

I laughed. Who knew bumping into someone at the airport could bring you so much joy.

Follow my Instagram: suggwell_city
Check out my other Joanne stories:
•Back In Time
•The Wedding Planner
•Strictly Love