Chapter 31

Joe's POV

D-"Joe"
J-"Yeah"
D-"Do I look okay"
J-"Urm-y-ur-y-yeah"
D-"Are you okay"
J-"Woah"
D-"What"
J-"Sorry you just look stunning"
D-"..."
J-"I'm quite literally lost for words"

Dianne did a little twirl, which she laughed when she did but honestly, she looked absolutely breathtaking. I just stared at her body then I went up to her face a studied that and then I went back down.

D-"Hey eyes up here"
J-"Mhm"
D-"You're still not looking up here"
J-"I know I know I know"
D-"JOE"

Dianne playfully slapped my arm which brought me out of my trance; I laughed and stepped back putting my arms up in surrender.

D-"Cheeky"
J-"Cheeky is my middle name"
D-"Joe Cheeky Sugg, right okay"
J-"Naa it's Graham, id much prefer it to be cheeky though"

Dianne shook her head as she walked off back into the bedroom to grab a few last things. She walked out still looking as beautiful as ever, I was just as lost for words as the first time. I put my arm out for her to take as we headed over to the restaurant. As much as I love the beaches here thankfully on the way down we didn't have to walk on one because we'd of probably both got stuck, which is just not a good idea. The restaurant was covered in petite fairy lights with flowers that had been threaded through the wires. I say this about everything here but it looked magical, the sort of thing that is home to actual fairies, not humans. We ordered our food which didn't take long to come. I had noticed since I arrived here, that there's always very quick service, there's not much traffic and if there is it's calm and nothing is chaotic which compared to Britain well it's heaven. Once Dianne and I had finished our meals we paid and I took Dianne to a small wooden dock that sat over the proud ocean. I held Dianne's hand as she dipped her toes in I got nervous but didn't want to ruin it so kept my mouth shut and just made a nervous face instead. She looked at me and smiled in the moonlight.

J-"Do you wanna dance"
D-"Of course"

I took Dianne's hand and we danced, it was just as perfect as the first time. The moonlight bounced off of Dianne's skins making it glow, she looked like a star that had been mistakenly brought to earth. I was lucky enough to touch and dance with this star.

J-"On the last two days of the holiday I was trying to think of a good enough reason for us to both stay and I think I've found one, love, love is a good enough reason for me to stay by your side our entire lives, I love you so much Dianne... so my girl from the airport, will you marry me"
D-"..."
J-"I think this is the bit where you're supposed to say something"
D-"Shut up, of course, I'll marry you"

Dianne kissed me and I lifted her up and spun her around. Still being careful not to drop her and fall into the water. She smiled so brightly, it was the perfect moment. I felt tears of happiness trickle down both of our faces, the tears merged before falling through the wooden slates into the sea. We are engaged. Me, Joe is engaged. To the woman of my dreams as well. This is the kinda stuff that gets written in books and doesn't happen in real life but here we are. A fairytale has turned into reality. My reality.

Follow my Instagram: suggwell_city
Check out my other Joanne stories:
•Back In Time
•The Wedding Planner
•Strictly Love
•When Christmas Come To Town