Chapter 30: Haunting Melodies

Over the next few weeks I prepared Suna and Mani to fight Soth.

Suna changed classes from [Mage] to [Conjurer], to [Arcanist], to [Seer], and finally to [Bandrui]. Afterwards she leveled up and we went out to have her practice solo fighting against groups of enemies.

Two weeks later we tackled several lower leveled dungeons.

We entered a cavern called the [sealed cavern of the Kaoynteagi] which was filled with phantoms and spirits that built up «Insight» and dealt Insanity damage.

The boss was the [Screaming Chaos, False Queen Chlyonah.] This boss was a headless witch-like creature whose hands and feet were bound together with chains. Its carried its severed head in its hands and its head was wrapped in the chains and blood soaked cloth.

It used its head like a flail. and would cause insanity damage when it screamed holding its head to its neck. When it threw its head out its hair would extend outward and become needle-like.

We managed to defeat the boss without much difficulty. In a chest we found several pieces of equipment including a ring the [Ring of Naivety] that inflicted «Fear» build up and had 15% «Damage Penetration» that we gave to Suna.