2 - Yellow and Orange

Connor's Point Of View

Connor had gotten used to having two soulmates. He always found it sort of upsetting though. The flowers on his wrist never looked close to blooming. Until senior year of high school, when each of them got a little closer, especially the yellow one.

"You seriously think two people could love you, Connor?" his sister Zoe asked. "Probably isn't even supposed to be one. You're married to weed already."

"Fuck off." It was the second school morning. He hadn't even gone the first day. What was the point? At least it gave them hope that he had died.

"Mom said you have to go to school today. Take your anger out on her, asshole." She left him alone in his room.

He got dressed in the same thing he had worn yesterday and walked out of the house without another word. He could already tell it would be a bad day, but what was new? He made it to school without Zoe, which was a little weird since she tended to tag along despite his annoyance. She was a junior now, though, so it wasn't like she needed her big brother to keep her safe. Not that he had ever done that before.

Connor didn't go into the school. He wouldn't leave his house at all if it weren't for his mother. She was worried about him. He just tried not to let her know that he heard his parents conversations. He went to the side of the school where he always hung out trying to ignore the staring.

"J-Jared are you sure about this?"

"Totally, Ev, I used to skip all the time back in freshman year. Did you seriously think I was just sick three days every week?"

"Y-yeah."

There were two voices coming from Connor's hang out. "What the fuck are you doing here?" he shouted, rounding the corner. There was a short, nervous looking kid with a blue shirt and a broken arm and standing next to him was a kid, only maybe an inch or two taller than the other, with glasses and a stupidly confident look in his eyes.

The kid with glasses, who, from the conversation he had heard, was named Jared, grabbed the other kid's unbroken arm and pulled him away. "Don't want any trouble, freak."

"Who the fuck are you calling a freak?" Co

"Nevermind, asshole. Come on, Evan." The other kid, Evan didn't follow him for a moment.

"Sorry about Jared," Evan said in a small voice. Connor noticed that he was shaking. Pretty cute kid, but that Jared guy was probably his soulmate, seeing as he looked really protective of Evan.

"It's um... I mean... it's fine. Least you're cute." Connor mumbled the last part, but Evan looked at him strangely before he left.

Then Connor realized why. His right sleeve was rolled up. Evan knew that he had two soulmates.

Their meeting is a little different from the original, but y'know, it'll make sense in the next chapter. Also, Jared's 'pov' (if you could even call it that since it's still 3rd person) isn't actually going to be next, but it'l be the fourth chapter, I promise. (plus the next chapter is Evan and he's a pure bean so it'll be fun)