25 - Netflix And Chill (mind out of the gutter)

I lied there's three chapters 'til the end (including this one)

"God we're losers," Jared muttered. All three of the boys were hanging out at Evan's house, and Connor and Jared didn't feel like explaining to Evan that when he asked to 'Netflix and chill' he wasn't asking to watch Netflix and have wholesome conversations.

"What do you mean?" Connor asked, his eyes focused on the screen, where some cheesy romantic comedy was playing. He was spooning Jared while Evan was lying down on the ground, head in his hands like a little kid.

Jared was looking at his phone. "Look at this." He shoved his phone in Connor's face. "Fuckin' Jake Dillinger threw a huge party, and we're watching chick-flicks."

"Isn't Jake Dillinger a junior?" Connor asked. Jared nodded. "You and Evan just graduated, why the hell do you care about a junior's dumb party?"

"Because those guys are still kinda cool," Jared told Connor. "Juniors can be cool too, you know."

"Jared, shush, they're about to kiss," Evan said, his heart set on watching this movie. Jared laughed and went back to browsing twitter.

Connor, however, didn't give a single fuck about the movie. Or at least that's what he had said before, but now...well:

"There's so many plot conveniences! People don't just go to jail for smoking weed once! I should know!"

"It was still cute when she bailed him out and they went back to her apartment and...well I don't know, Jared covered my eyes."

Yep, Connor and Evan were arguing about the movie, and Jared was watching, amused. "Yeah, but the cowboy? He was so-" Jared rolled his eyes and cut Connor off with a quick kiss.

"You guys are cute when you're mad, but I'd way rather, like, bake cookies or something," Jared said. "Ooh! Evan, do you have cookies?"

Evan thought for a moment. "Mm...Oh! Yeah, we do! Wait, no, we have the ingredients for cookies. Mom was gonna make them, but...you know how Mom is."

"We can make cookies. How hard could it be?" Jared asked.

Connor laughed. "Famous last words. But, hey, it'll be fun bonding with my idiots, so I'm in."

***

Heidi walked in the door expecting the three boys to be asleep, or at least watching a movie.

Boy was she wrong.

Instead, she found Evan asleep on the counter, covered in flower, Connor on the ground, cuddling a bag of chocolate chips, and Jared cuddling Connor

Heidi snapped a picture of course, y'know, for blackmail, and left them there until the morning. They looked comfortable.

This is why I need friends.
~ DJ