5 - Mistake

Evan's Point of View

"Okay, yeah, Jared kind of hates you," Evan said to Connor.

"Screw him. As long as he cares about you, I don't give a shit about what anyone says about me. I never have."

"Connor are you okay?"

"That'd be new." Connor sighed and stood up.

"Connor?"

"Listen, this was a mistake, I should go. Should've known you'd never like someone like me." Connor walked out.

"Connor, wait!" Evan shouted. Connor didn't answer. He was gone.

As soon as the door closed, it opened again. "Evan, who was that boy?" Evan was standing in the middle of his living room, probably on the verge of tears, and now his mother was there to witness the scene. "Did he break up with you or something?"

"N-no." Evan wiped his eyes. "That was Connor. Just a... friend. Jared doesn't like him much."

Heidi put a hand on her son's shoulder. "He looked angry. Are you sure everything is okay?"

"Yeah, everything is fine, Mom. I thought you had work?"

"Right, I have to be there in thirty minutes, I was just checking in on you." Heidi checked her watch and sighed. "Are you gonna be okay here? I might be working later than usual."

"I'll be fine. I'll just end up doing homework."

Heidi put some money on the table. "Order a pizza or something, please." Evan nodded.

"Bye." Heidi left the house.

Evan picked up his phone to text Jared.

Tree: You were right about Connor

Tree: Wanna hang out?

Cronch: See you at 6

Shit is about to go downnnnnn

Or as they say in kindergarten

OOOOHH THEY'RE IN TROUBLE

~ winnie the motherfucking pooh idk