7 - Every Time A Jared Is In Denial, A Flower Blooms

The title is an obscure reference to Tinker Bell (and other shit lol because that's referencing stuff, so it's a reference to whatever the fuck you fucking want) (the first motherfucking Disney movie that I fell in love with)

Evan's Point Of View

Jared took Evan home from school on Monday. (a/n the day after the last chapter, sorry for continuity errors lol) As they left the school, Evan noticed a familiar figure sitting underneath a tree outside the school with his head in his hands. But who else would wear a jacket on a warm September day? Evan kept his eyes on Connor for a moment, trying to pinpoint the uneasy feeling he had.

That's it. Connor was crying.

"J-Jared," Evan said, pausing on the sidewalk. Jared turned around, looking sort of annoyed.

"Yeah, Evan?" Jared followed Evan's gaze, not seeming to understand what was happening.

"It's Connor."

"I thought I told you not to talk to that fucking freak." Evan's hand went to his wrist. One of his flowers had almost bloomed. And Evan knew who it was, who belonged to that purple flower.

"Y-yeah," Evan said quietly. "I know, but I think he might be–"

"Come on Evan, there's a sale at Lush and I wanna get there before all the ladies and my fellow gays buy out all the good bath bombs!"

"Connor is one of my soulmates," Evan said quickly, looking Jared in the eyes. Jared's face fell and his eyes widened.

"He... he's what?"

"Y-you know what I said, Jared."

Jared nodded, still looking crestfallen. "What the hell makes you think that?"

"He has two flowers, a-and he has one that's a y-yellow buttercup, a-and that's my favorite flower, and they looked l-like they had a similar, um, growth rate." Evan decided not to mention that the other flower they had was the same.

Jared's sadness was mixed with shock. "Did you say... is the flower like this one?" Jared held up his own wrist with the flower that Evan now knew to represent himself.

"Y-yeah," Evan said, his voice getting even quieter.

"I cannot believe it."

"Th-that we're soulmates? I know I never expected this either, heh, but I guess it's happening now. A-and I don't even know if it's true, maybe I'm totally wrong!"

Jared shook his head, glancing at Connor. "That Connor Murphy is my soulmate. Shit, he's crying, isn't he?" Jared's tone suddenly got more protective.

"Y-yeah."

"It's because of what I did, isn't it? What the fuck have I done...." Jared looked a little scared, but not of anything around him. He looked scared of himself. Whack.

"Well come on, Jared, he's crying," Evan said, starting to walk over to Connor, who wasn't too far away from them.

Once they were close enough, they heard Connor muttering things to himself. He wasn't crying anymore, but he was shaking.

"Shit, man, I am so sorry," Jared said. Connor stood up quickly, wiping his eyes.

"What?"

"It's because of me, isn't it?" Jared asked. "That's why you were cry- ow!" Evan elbowed him. "Sorry. That's why you were upset, right?"

"No," Connor said, glaring halfheartedly.

"Yes," Evan said at the same time.

Connor sighed and shifted his gaze to Evan. He didn't glare at Evan though. "Yeah, maybe it was, what are you gonna do about it? Apologize? Buy me ice cream?" Yeah, he was mocking them. He was definitely mocking them.

"M-maybe we will buy you ice cream!" Evan said. Connor was taken aback.

"I'm sorry, what?" He spoke through laughter.

"We'll buy you ice cream!" Evan said again.

Jared fist bumped Evan. "Totally. There's this cool place by the orchard, A La Mode? Let's go!"

"Are you two like boyfriends or some shit...? Whatever, this is weird."

I wrote this in two hours, now read it in like 2 minutes