17 - The Missing Pills From The Medicine Cabinet

tw: implications of suicide

Connor was let out of the hospital soon enough, on the condition that he didn't do any physical activity. There were bandages around his ribs, but he assured Jared and Evan that they didn't hurt. Both of the boys stopped by the Murphys' house three days after Connor got out, meaning that they had seen him three times in a row.

"Maybe now he'll have sex with us. Third time's the charm, y'know," Jared joked as he and Evan walked up to the door. Jokes on Connor, Evan had picked up a housekey that Connor had dropped, and conveniently hadn't given it back yet.

"Are you totally sure this isn't breaking and entering?" Evan asked. Jared had no time to reply, as the door opened before Evan even took the key out of his pocket.

"You guys are here again?" Zoe had opened the door.

"How the hell did you get to the door so quickly?" Jared asked her.

"Connor and I had a mini sleepover in the living room because we felt like it," Zoe replied, shrugging. Jared didn't say anything, he instead pushed her aside and walked into the house, Evan apologizing and following him. "Have fun you gays!" she shouted before going towards the kitchen, where both of the Murphy parents were. She paused and turned around. "Not too much fun though!"

"Fuck you too Zoe!" Connor shouted back. Evan and Jared sat down.

"So, any memories returning?" Evan asked hopefully. Connor just sighed. "Oh. S-so you still don't remember... us?" Jared was pretty sure his heart broke in two at Evan's sad voice crack.

"No," Connor said shortly. His lips straightened out, no longer smiling. (I stg anyone who makes a gay joke gets sent to heaven)

"Connor?" Jared asked. Connor didn't say anything, he just blinked.

"I'm sorry, I...I'm a fucking idiot," Connor said. Evan reached his arms out to hug him, but Connor pushed him onto the ground. He ran upstairs without another word.

"Evan...what do we do?" Jared asked

"He needs space...right?" Evan was equally as unsure.

"Everything was perfect I don't understand!" Jared said loudly. Tears started gathering in his eyes. Evan was still on the floor, not moving. "Fuck it." Jared ran upstairs behind Connor.

Evan was left alone. He left the house, not bothering to wait in the car for Jared. He just started the walk home.

Jared knocked on Connor's door. He got no response, but luckily Connor hadn't locked it. Jared wondered why for a moment, as Connor was known to shut people out, but he went in anyways.

Connor stood in front of the dresser with a bottle in his hand. The cap was open. There were pills poured into his hand.

"Jared, just leave me alone. P-please."

...so...

next chapter might get a little vent-y

and as you can see from the ending of this chapter and that one thing I posted in the conversations tab on my profile...yeah

~ DJ