11 - Alive

Okay just know that the thing that's about to happen isn't me desperate to create a plot, it's more like me trying to cope with my own issues

Okay?

Okay let's go

When Evan woke up, he was being held by Jared, who was asleep. It was hard to tell who had started cuddling who. He shook Jared awake and checked his phone. He had a missed call from Zoe, two hours ago. Evan stood up.

"Evan, come back," Jared said. Evan shook his head.

"Jared, Zoe called me. Sh-she called me half an hour ago, what if it's... what if it's Connor?" Jared was suddenly alert.

"C'mon, call her back!" Jared said. Evan called Zoe. "Evan, put it on speaker!"

Evan rolled his eyes and shook his head. He started talking to Zoe, leaving Jared to flop onto the couch. "H-hey, Zoe." Evan was obviously anxious, so, logically, Jared took the phone out of his hands.

"Zoe, hey!" Evan tried to take the phone back. Jared pushed him.

"Jared? What happened to Evan?"

"I took his phone," Jared said. Evan crossed his arms. "Any news about Connor?"

"Oh... yeah. No, I haven't told them yet C... Mom," she spoke to someone who was with her, and Jared had a feeling it wasn't her mom.

"So?"

"Connor is... well, he's awake," Zoe said. Jared smiled.

"W-what is it?" Evan asked.

Jared put a finger to Evan's lips. "Evan and I are coming whether you like it or not!"

"Jared–" Zoe tried to talk, but Jared hung up the phone.

"What happened?" Evan asked.

Jared was smiling. "Connor is awake! She sounded like she had more to say, but... whatever." Jared shrugged.

"What if he's awake but he's gonna die?" Evan asked.

"He'll be fine," Jared said. "Come on, let's go see him."

Jared and Evan got into Jared's car and made an attempt to mentally prepare themselves to see Connor.

But there was no preparing themselves for what was about to come.

I'd write something funny here but Story Of Tonight just came on and that song makes me wanna cry so like :/

~ DJ (probably idk man)