8 - Connor and Jared Agree For Once

You're gonna hate me for this (;

Jared's Point Of View

"I fucking hate this," Connor said. The three of them were in the car. Jared driving, Connor in the passenger seat, and Evan in the middle of the backseat.

"Blame Evan," Jared muttered. He was starting to have second thoughts about Connor being his soulmate. He could believe the thing with Evan, but Jared and Connor didn't see eye to eye about a thing.

"Evan, I fucking hate this," Connor said again, looking at Evan rather than Jared.

"Lucky for you," Jared started sarcastically. "We're here. Evan, come on."

Connor chuckled. "What about me?"

"Come on, Murphy." Jared said the name with distaste.

"Love you too," Connor said sarcastically. Both Jared and Connor's faces heated up.

"What did you just say?" Jared asked, trying to sound intimidating.

"It's sarcasm, Kleinman. Figure it out." Connor's blushing face said the opposite.

Meanwhile, Evan was glancing between them with a slight smile. "Told you, Jared." Jared elbowed Evan.

"Shut the fuck up before I rip you into pieces, Hansen." Evan just laughed. "Damnit, you just have to be adorable when I'm trying to be mad." Jared rolled his eyes, but he put an arm around Evan.

"Did you guys say you weren't dating?" Connor asked, his voice also laced with sarcasm. "Why can't I join the fun?" Jared and Evan froze in their places. "It was a joke. You guys were chill a few seconds ago, am I really that bad?"

Jared shook his head. "No you're fine, it's just... we...." He glanced at the flowers on his wrist in a way that he hoped was sneaky. Apparently not.

"What are you soulmates? Isn't Evan the guy with two?" Evan nodded. "Who's the lucky third part to that relationship? Geez, could've brought your other boyfriend around, Hansen."

Evan looked too terrified to say a word, so the responsibility fell onto Jared. "What Evan is too terrified to say is that he tried to... but... it didn't work out?" He ended with a questioning tone.

Connor gave Jared an amused look. "You're a terrible liar, Kleinman. I bet you don't even know who it is." Jared didn't know how to respond to that one. If he said they had found the third person, Connor would ask who it was. If he said they hadn't, Connor would make fun of them.

"Evan can I...?" Evan nodded, and Jared took a deep breath. "Murphy, I don't like this either, but Ev figured it out, not me. You're sort of the third person." Connor blinked a few times and raised his eyebrows. Then his expression turned into one of anger.

"What kind of gay freaks are you? Fuck you, Kleinman! And Hansen? You're sick for even coming up with this joke. Have fun screwing each other." Just like that, Connor walked off. Jared and Evan just watched him, speechless.

Connor walked across the road, his head down.

Then the car came.

I like how this is what my life has come to

Torturing fictional characters

Bye