15 - He's Back Baby

Can we enjoy that picture for a moment though

Jared had no time to internally fanboy, because before he even knew what was happening, his lips had connected with Evan's.

Evan pulled away moments later, his face the opposite of Jared's smile. "Did I... do something wrong?" Jared asked.

Evan shook his head. "I just...." Jared didn't make him say anything more. Both sat in silence for a few minutes, occasionally looking at their phones, not checking for texts, but to do something other than stare at each other. "I'm scared," Evan said quietly. Jared thought for a moment that he hadn't meant to say it out loud, but Ben was staring right into his eyes.

"Me too," Jared said with the same quiet volume. "But hey, nobody's died yet, and that's good enough for me." Evan started laughing. Jared knew he had always been a sucker for dark humor although he couldn't crack a dark joke himself. That was why he was attracted to Connor because Connor is a dark joke – no I'm kidding.

"Why is that your... heh... why's that the standard?" Evan asked through laughter.

"I don't know, but it made you laugh!" Evan smiled at Jared. (A/N the part in if I could tell her that's like "You never knew how wonderful that smile could make someone feel" just came on and it's so fucking perfect) "You have a nice smile, y'know," Jared said.

"Than – wait what? What was that?" Jared kept his sarcastic smile.

"A compliment, idiot."

"You never... I'm sorry, you never compliment me," Evan said, slightly shocked.

"Well we just kissed, I figured if we're gonna be boyfriends we'd end up complimenting each other at some point, right?"

"Boyfriends!?" Evan asked, close to shouting. Jared put a finger to Evan's lips, taking it away when Evan flinched.

"We are literally soulmates, Evan, in case you didn't notice." Jared's phone started playing Never Gonna Give You Up. "Shit, someone actually wants to communicate. Oh, it's Connor. Oh my god it's Connor!"

"Pick up the phone!"

"Damnit, I was too late."

"This is what you get for fanboying," Evan said.

"Hey, I fanboyed over you for years, and you just kissed me. Ooh! He called back!" Jared picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"Jared. Do you have Evan there?" Connor asked. Both Jared and Evan were smiling so much, they looked dangerously close to explosion.

"Hey, Connor," Evan said.

"Hey, Tree Boy." Evan laughed for a second, but he stopped abruptly.

"Tree Boy?" Evan repeated.

"Kleinman, help Hansen out a little bit." Connor sounded tired, but happy.

"I don't know what's happening either, Murphy, get to the point," Jared said.

"I remember you guys. It just... sort of came to me, I guess. Sorry I lashed out about the whole soulmate think." Evan started crying.

"Ev, calm down, and Connor that's amazing!" Jared exclaimed. "So are you gonna get out of the hospital?"

"I dunno, Kleinman. They have to run a couple of tests, I mean I sort of got hit by a fucking car and sUfFeReD dAmAgE tO mY hEaD," Connor mocked. Jared laughed. Evan was still crying, but he tried to laugh.

"Evan and I are seeing you tomorrow," Jared decided. "No arguing, Connie."

"Fuck you Kleinman."

"Fuck you too, Connie."

"Can't I join?" Evan asked, a smirk on his tearstained face.

"Evan you aren't allowed to make jokes like that!" Jared shouted, throwing a pillow at him.

"You guys are nerds!" Connor shouted before he hung up.

A day without updating he comes back with a chap that no one even asked for

[insert some other words] uhh so prepare for an attack and by that I mean fluff 'cause this motherhecker's about to get dragged by his hoodie strings from the hoodie that he's literally always wearing I mean seriously it's summer DJ what are you doing you idiot

Do you get the reference or am I alone here

Yeah but there'll probably be fluff coming but idfk I was gonna make this chapter angsty and look what it ended up being.

~ DJ