Part 1, The Changing

It has been over three days as I watched her lay in bed groaning, screaming, mumbling, crying, shaking, breathing unstably and fighting through the Changing.

Her body was covered with greenish, prominent veins, a case of hives, and self-inflicted bruises and scratches. Her eyes were bloodshot and different, not how it used to shine.

A part of me hated her for making me sit and wait for her, but a whole part of me still loved her because it wasn't her fault that she had to go through this.

If only we didn't lose track of time that day, we could've made it back safely and not risking anything.

I put my head down and cried for a bit. JUST a bit.

"NO! NO! AAAAAAHHGRRRRRAHHH!" She screams.

It was just the usual words.

At about an hour or so, Newt came in to tell me that it's time to get some dinner and loosen up a bit.

It was hard enough for me to not leave her here but Newt was right. I needed a break from this all. From her apparently.

We walked out together and headed to the kitchen. "So any progress so far?" Newt asked as he stuttered.

I gave him a small glance, put my head down and shook it. Newt didn't have anything to say. He just patted my back and rests his arms on my shoulders.

Frypan made us steak tonight but I went with a salad. I didn't felt like eating at all. The uneasiness was taking over my hunger and almost my everything.

As I was swallowing hard on my salad, Alby came and sat across me and Newt.

"Hey Minho, you feeling okay buddy?" asked Alby.

"Yeah just still unsure." I said.

"Well I'm not gonna put any pressure on you, but you gotta go back to work and tell your runners what to do because I can't take charge longer." Alby complained a bit.

The memories of her screams on the day she was stung, the Grievers just innocently whirring away after stinging her and all the memories of what happened that day came in flashes.

There was no way I could go back tomorrow. I'm still in a stage where I am anxious, traumatic, scared to death, angry, revengeful and confused.

"I'm sorry Alby but you gotta shuck up and take over until I'm good." I couldn't say it any other way.

"Man, listen up, you will never be as good as new. You will still feel the same pain your scars are giving you. What you need to do is learn how to control it. Keep it to yourself." Alby's long motivational speech angered me. I punched my knuckles hard on the table and everybody gasped.

"I said I'm not going." I madly said.

I turned away from him. "Minho! Please...." Alby said.

I didn't want to turn back. I just walked towards the homestead. I needed rest from all this non sense.

Thank god nobody bothered to come after me. I just needed a time for myself.