Chapter 7

Home

It was almost three when I am done with the ball. I thought about how he said me to come to him to come home.

The reality of situation had hit me. It was indeed my home. Maybe I was there just for mere two months but it never had occurred to me that maybe it was only place that ever felt like home to me.

I drove my car towards a familiar building. I was here just yesterday. I was here and he was ill. I cannot see him like that. I maybe a sucker for romance but Still I am not going to get my heart broken again and again and again.

I parked my car into his garage and ensuring that I pay a quick visit to him and return. I have no intention of spending the night there at his home.

My heels clicked on the marbled floor as I walked inside the great room. And there he was sitting on the stairs.

His very dark eyes met mine and a sense of De-ja-vu hit me with force. He reminded me of the day he was waiting for me like this with shirt opened to his chest showing a little with naked feet . His lips curled upwards and he smiled at me.

"You came to me" He said walking towards me and hugging me tightly. "You threatened me to come to you" I complained.

"He kissed you" He said. "You punched him" I said. "He touched what is mine he touched my wife" Again the wife clause.

"I am not married to anyone And you shouldn't be up till late come on go and get some rest. I will be off to my apartment" I said. He panicked suddenly. "No you are not going anywhere you are not going to leave me" He said.

"Ezra I am not your wife and you are acting as a child" I said. His grip tighten over me. "No you are not going anywhere sleep by my side please I am begging you. I want to sleep please" he begged. "Just for tonight" I said and he nodded.

I looked at the time it was 4 in the morning when we finally got into bed. He gave me his shirt to sleep in. I am in the familiar place in his arms and in my room. This is the place which I can easily call my safe heaven and in a sense my home.

He placed a sweet kiss on my forehead. Then He pulled me closer. "Comfortable?" He asked. "Yes" I said. I placed my head over his chest and I felt his breath even out.

I woke up with the phone ringing. "Where are you Harmana? Should I send search and rescue for you? My maid and your bodyguards reported you were missing"

It was the first thing I heard when Sam called me in afternoon. I find my bedside empty . He probably left I should too.

"I am not at home. I was too tired to drive home and you don't need to send search party brother I am quite fine" I said. "And where are you exactly?" He asked. Can I lie to him? He is my brother after all.

"Well where can I be after a wild night of party? " I questioned back. "That's it I don't want to know anymore just don't get pregnant. I cannot be able to handle a nephew or a niece right now"

I chuckled at that and he cut the phone. That went well. "What is so funny?" I heard someone ask. I looked at the person. Ezra was coming in with a tray in his hand.

"Late brunch I thought I owe you that much" He said. "Thanks but you didn't have to I am late and I should be home by now" I said.

He put the tray down on the table and came towards me. He softly caressed my cheek "You looked so tired you know and you needed your rest. It's ok if you don't want to eat I will not force you." He said.

"Why didn't you changed this room? Why keep it? After all I am just a dent in your playboy reputation." I asked getting up. "It is not something I am something I want to be anymore" He said softly.

I looked at the content of tray nothing fancy just an mushroom, cheese and ham omelette with French toast and maple syrup and fruits Greek yogurt and juice.

"I would love to eat" I said. His eyes lit up for some unknown reason.

"But can you leave me to get dressed?" I asked. He simply walked out of my room. Was he really changed this much? I changed into the cloths I was in from a day before.

"You can come in" I said. "Yes I know" He came inside and looked at me. But with not a lustful gaze.

"You can change in something comfier I have your cloths here. It is in the closet." He said. "I prefer not to take anything from you at this point" I said and It was true he is no one in my life and I don't want anything to do with him.

"Have you eaten?" I asked. "N...no" He said looking at me. "Come on let's eat together. " I said. "I am fine I will just go grab something. " I shook my head in no and pulled him down next to me. "you need to eat and stay healthy Ezra." I said.

I slowly begin to eat. No it was not the best one I ever eaten but still it was good. Ezra slowly begin to eat and his mouth twisted in repulsion.

"Don't eat that" He said. "Why?" I asked putting another piece of Omelette in my mouth. "It is not good enough" He said.

"But you cooked it with all your heart which makes it good enough." He looked at me wide eyes. "How did you?" He paused "You don't have any maids here and you live on take outs and not to mention you cannot break an egg even if your life depends upon it. But you cooked with all your concentration." I said.

"And love and that makes it one of the best meal I ever had Ezra" I said. "I won't lie to you I have been going to a cooking class from a week now. I am trying to be better for you. I am trying to change myself and be the one you like" He said, I put my fork down and held his hand.

"You don't have to change for my sake Ezra" I said. "Oh but I do I will do anything for you" He said softly returning to his plate.

Word Count: 1144 Words