Chapter 11

Rules

Ezra did returned, or I should say he was carried by guards at three in the morning and was dumped on the bed. He reeked of alcohol.

As a good wife I removed his shoes and coat and undressed him. He snuggled into covers and mumbled something like Mine. Maybe he is just dreaming.

I decided to return to my Christmas story again. And yes I did locked the door, so he cannot accidentally enter in my room and started to do the wicked. I don't think I am ready to be touched by him right now.

Or I will ever be ready to give into him. Would he stop if I say no? he is too much unpredictable. And I really don't want to know what he can do if I say no. So it will be better if I stay away from him as much as possible.

Yes that would be good to stay away from him. As much as I can humanly. I was too caught up in my thoughts that I didn't know when I fall asleep. I woke up to an amazing aroma. I walked out of my room after unlocking it and saw Ezra was sitting at the table in his casual cloths. And In front of him was a stack of pancakes, orange juice, freshly brewed coffee.

"Good Morning wify, I have made some breakfast for you as a good husband should. Now I am not that much of a good cook but I hope you don't mind that."

" I will be back in a minute" I said and bolted back into the room. I locked the doors behind me. He cooked for me? He was comatose last night. He drank himself to death again.

I have to set some rules for this house hold if I have to leave with this brute I should make him aware that this habits needs to change. Or I am going to leave him for good. And nothing in this world can ever going to prevent it.

I locked my door again, I did not trust him not yet. How can I trust Ezra? He practically snatched the life I dreamed about again. He ruined it for me and I can never ever forgive him for that. He needs to know that, And he needs to understand that I am never ever going to love him back for anything ever again.

I let the warm water cascade over me. It felt good, for few moments I forgot where I was and that is the thing I cherish in my life.

Ezra was still waiting on me when I arrived at the dining area. His news paper was folded beside him. "Are you not going to read that?" I asked. He shook his head in no as he made my plate. "Coffee or Juice?" He asked.

"Juice would be nice" He nodded pouring the juice for me. I ate silently and he kept watching me. He seriously needs to find a new hobby because it is getting creepy by every passing minute.

"You should eat to instead of looking at my face." He looked down and I caught a small blush crept over his neck. The Ezra Michael Olyphant is blushing? Well that is a new one.

"I...I didn't realized that I was..." He shuttered and badly, that was new too. Because the Ezra I know is bold, confident and can make you eat of your hand.

"Thanks for the meal but I got to go because I need to see that My brother doesn't kills me for saving his ass by marrying his enemy. And need to see if I still have the job." I said. He stood up too, with his half finished plate.

"Are you not going to eat that?" I asked looking at him with concern. "Not hungry much." He swayed a little. "Ezra are you alright?" I asked. He held the chair for support.

Oh no he is going to faint. "I am not going to faint" he said more to himself than to me. I held him and took him back to the room and placed him in the bed. "Stay put" I said as he tried to get up. He chuckled

"Bossing me already Amore, I like it I so like it" He said smiling. Why he is smiling like that? He could be fairly dying. "Doctor, I need your assistance, it is Ezra, I mean Mr. Olyphant. He almost fainted on me."

I put the phone down, he will be here in two minutes he assured. I saw Ezra looking intently at me. "I didn't meant to worry you Love" I scowled as I heard the knock on the door.

The doctor checked on him and told me that it was because he was drunk again. And then he prescribed some medication. After he left I looked at Ezra angrily.

I wanted to hit him hard. "What you think you are doing Ezra? You almost dies twice because to this. And now what you want to do? make me a murderer too?" I shouted at him. "I am done with you. Simply done, now here are few ground rules, if you really want me by your side, you will not act recklessly, you will not get drunk ever again. You will take care of your health and I swear if you came home drunk once again at three in morning and I have to see you comatose I will..."

He pulled me to him and kissed me hard. I was pinned beneath him. "Leave me Ezra" I said pushing him away. He left my hand and stood up.

"I always had known you are my boss, you just didn't ever tried to boss me before little one" I looked at him frustrated. "Go to sleep. And I want to see you in this bed sleeping in." He looked at me with his beautiful hazel eyes.

"Only if you lie down beside me. Sleep beside me." I am not going to fall for that trick Mr. Olyphant. Not if you think you can boss me around. "I am getting late, as you would have said we have to work for living." I said not trying to sound harsh.

"I know but you don't really have to, I am your husband, and you still have that ten million dollars in your account also, you are wife of the richest billionaire in whole world. I don't think You really do need to work baby" He sat up and I look at him sharply.

"I am not here for your money. You are forgetting that my brother and I are the third richest person on this earth. And if you still think that your money is something I care about you are sadly mistaken." With that I left.

Word Count: 1147 Words