Chapter 28

Perspectives

I woke up on my bed alone. It had been going on since few days. After the conference Ezra had became totally a different person. He doesn't come home, at night. He stays late in office. In short, he is avoiding me. I have to know what is going on with him. I don't know what secret he may have been hiding but I have to know what is wrong with him.

But first I have to save whatever left over relationship we have. And I know how. I smiled at what to come. I looked at my closet and picked out just what I wanted to wear. I hopped towards bathroom with my cloths in hand. Since it was just February, it was still a bit chilly so I opted for my trench coat.

Ezra would be in his office. I need to reach him. I have to convince him to come with me. It had been days since our last encounter and I am missing him too much. I drove towards his office not thinking what I can expecting. I am just thinking that I can lessen his burden.

When I was on my way to his office I got a call and I picked it up. "Mrs. Olyphant?" "yes, speaking." "Mam, I am Brianna. The one you hired, you forgot to leave your number so I was checking." I laughed at this, "It wasn't a mistake I was testing how good you were" "I think you do test your every employee like this?" She asked. "I am wife of a suspicious businessman, what did you expected?" I asked.

"I have got a name but she is just a mediator. She came to give me my payment mam." "And I hope you accepted it whole heartedly." "Yes, Millie was very much delighted." "Send me the word, you are permanently employed" I said cutting the call. Now I need to attend my husband. I need to know what he is up to.

I parked the car in parking lot and took his private elevator towards his cabin. The elevator brought me to his place. I didn't knock at his door and got in, well because I can. I saw him with his nose in the newspaper and his breakfast getting cold. Some habits die hard. I held him from behind kissing his cheek.

"I am reading the news Little one" He said. "And I am reading you, what is going on with you. Because I am starting to miss my husband around me." I said. "Is that so?" He asked looking at me. "yes it is. I was going in for a meeting but I thought I get the approval for the dress from you" "hmmm... show me what you got" He said leaning back on his chair. I smiled.

I put my leg on his thigh and opened my jacket just enough to get a view. He took sharp intake of breath. "Judging from your reaction, I think you liked this, didn't you? I shall go then" I said tying on my coat and turning away from him. He pulled me back.

 "That is not a dress, are you tempting me to discipline you my Love?" He asked in an angry tone. "Yes please master" I whispered into his ear. He gave me a throaty growl.

"Tell me something my love how hard you me to take you?" He asked. "I want you to tie me up and take me hard." "Are you sure? Last time it was painful enough for you. I don't think you can handle me well." I pushed him lightly. "I think you are not enough to handle me." He held my hairs tilting my neck.

 "Difference is just our perspectives of seeing things. We think the same things just at a different perspective, only difference is my love we both are enough for each other, or shall I show you?" He asked.

"I think I going to go" I told him. He held my arm. "I think I like that surprise and I am going to unwrap it." He paused "Slowly" "I am going to go." "I am coming too" he picked up his coat and walked out. Then he drove me towards the bay area. I wonder what is on his mind. "What are you thinking about?" I asked. 

"Thinking of buying a new house for us little one. And children need space to grow." He said looking my way. "That is a good idea but why we are here in the bay area?" I asked. "I am taking out my boat it will be easier this way." "You don't own a..." He pulled me towards the boat and took me towards it.

"Bought it few days back. I thought I would gift it to you, a birthday gift." "I don't need a..." "Shhh... I want to gift you anything I want to I have that right" He pulled me closer and kissed me softly. "Come on. Let's get you inside." He said holding my hand. He drove the boat out of bay area and into open waters. I didn't know he was such a skilled person, then again he was The Ezra Michael Olyphant.

He drove it towards a smaller private port. And then took my hand. "This is one of the properties I liked. I wanted you to see this before I finalized it." I held his hand as he walked me through the property. "I love it, especially when I have a entire bay area as my backyard." He laughed. "Childhood dream?" "You can say so, London was gloomy place to grow up." I said.

"Thank you" He nodded. "Now, that you liked it. I think I will talk to the broker." He started the engine. "Are we going back?" I asked. "You want to stay here at waters?" "Well I took my time dressing up for my meeting. I am sure Myra would be waiting for me so are my..." He cut my sentence with a kiss and turned the engine off.

"Like I said Little one this is something you have done that for me no one else. And I am going to unwrap my surprise layer by layer. This boat needs some memories of its own. And I am intending to make some here and now." He picked me up and took me below deck inside a fully furnished cabin.

"Now let me see my surprise little one." He said pushing me lightly into the bed and opening my coat. 

Word Count: 1095 Words