Chapter 20

Cruel Intentions

Ezra and I walked together to the place where meeting was about to take place. His hand was resting was on my back. It was his way of saying I was him. "Are you sure you want to go through the meeting? I mean I can do it for you." I smiled.

Same overprotective Ezra. Overprotective, over possessive Ezra as always. "I can do it Ezra; don't you trust me?" I asked faking a sad face. "You know I trust you. I do trust you a lot. But I don't want to repeat what happened last time" "It won't because you are with me" I said.

He pulled a chair for me and I sat down. "Are you alright?" I nodded. The Hamilton's entered few minutes later. We shook hands. Lucas held it for a little too long that was not gone unnoticed by my handsome Hunk of a husband. He pulled my hand to his and he kept holding it to his. I didn't miss the glare Ezra sent his way. He said he didn't liked Lucas. And I know he doesn't.

"So Mr. Olyphant first of all I am glad you made it here." Lucas's father started. "It will be a great opportunity to work closely with you. More than ever. I like you to know that I am very sorry about my son's behavior. He was just very out of the line with Mrs. Olyphant." Ezra nodded stiffly.

"Mrs. Olyphant, I was looking forward for this deal before my son ruined it for us. I wanted you to know that, I don't like the personal issues to come between our professional relationships." He glared at Lucas.

"Mr. Hamilton, I understand where you are going with this. I assure you that this deal will not be affected by anything." I said. The waiter took our order and left. We resumed our meeting. "By the way I never got to congratulate you for the wedding. It was a little too sudden but, still..." I smiled. "Thank you Mr. Hamilton and it was all my husband's fault. He didn't want anyone to know..."

"So, you two eloped, how romantic. But last time Ezra Olyphant was about to get married whole world knew. Why this time it was all hush hush? Was it something you were hiding?" Lucas asked Ezra who for some reason started giving murderous glare to the father- son pair. I can understand where he is coming from still yet, we are all civilized people here.

"I don't like to comment about my personal affairs Mr. Hamilton, Point is I did marry her, it doesn't matter where I married her or when I married her. I just did and she is not my wife. We are not here to discuss our personal life" I saw the old Ezra in him. The same cold-hearted billionaire whom I thought I left behind somewhere.

"Let's not get carried away gentlemen, so, I have did the little research about the area where the hotel can be set up in Hawaii. I think, we all can get benefited from this deal." I said trying to control the situation.

" we all? Are you sure Mrs. Olyphant because last time I saw you, you only did things benefited you, and your company. Isn't it is why you married him? Because it will benefit you? What was wrong with getting my help Rose? " I can feel Ezra getting angrier. He was right. It was a bad idea. Lucas Hamilton was not someone who like being scorned.

"Was it because he is wealthier? That is it?" I held Ezra's arm so that he didn't started a fight with Lucas. "Lucas please, can we talk about this later?" I asked, "How about we talk about this now? Or did he forbade you from talking too? Or does he talks for you now that you are Mrs. Olyphant?" He asked.

"Don't talk like that to my wife and she was never going to be yours Lucas, If it was not me then it would have been Lucian Night. But you..." Ezra paused and his voice dropped low "Never had stand the chance."

Why is he picking up fight? Why is he mocking him like this. But then again he is Ezra Olyphant, the things he dies are never sensible. He acts on impulse and I never ever understand how he was this much successful still. It is simple baffling. "Ezra, we are here for business. You told me you will not interrupt remember?" I told him.

"Sorry Little one, I don't like him you know right? He is placing dibs on my wife. I don't like anyone who talks trash about you." He kissed my palm.

"Your wife Olyphant was dating me. And I like to remind you very well how exactly you get to her. How you trapped her so that she has nowhere to go but to you." What is he talking about? What Ezra did now? "You think you can make my wife mistrust me? Our bond is not this much weak Mr. Hamilton." Lucas looked at us and smirked.

He leaned closer to Ezra and uttered "I know your secret Olyphant. Little secret you are keeping in your heart? You think you can keep it for long? " He pulled back. Ezra was beyond angry now. What is it? What Lucas knows? Is he just trying to separate us? Create a rift between us? Was it just his cruel intention or was there any truth in this?

"Mr. Hamilton you wanted a deal you will get a deal, just make sure I don't see him anywhere near my project or my wife, or even me. I will make sure then he doesn't stays well for another meeting with me." He was so angry. I haven't seen Ezra this much angry from long. And that makes me wonder what he is hiding? If he is hiding something was it related to me?

"Chose Wisely what you want Mr. Hamilton because I will not let anyone ever harm my family. I will not let anyone ruin what I have with my wife. That is my offer take it or leave it." He stood up placed some cash on table. And then took my hand in his. "We are leaving." Ezra stated.

I didn't argued with him. I knew it was hopeless trying to make The Ezra Michael Olyphant understand my words. So I just followed him, trying to wrap my head around all that had happened. I wonder if I ever can understand him. But at this point I just stopped trying to. As soon as we walked into his humble abode, I walked up to him and touched his face.

He stood there and closed his eyes, "Whenever you are ready, we need to talk Ezra." I said. He took my hands of him and walked away leaving me wondering what was wrong.

Word Count: 1161 Words