Chapter 21

Arguments

Ezra didn't talk to me. As I have known he will not. The Ezra Michael Olyphant, if he doesn't want to speak, he will not. Right now, he locked himself in his Office and not come out since few hours. I am getting worried now.

What is that he doesn't want to talk about with me. I thought I was moving forward with him. But it is not what is happening. He is not talking to me. How am I going to move on with him, if he refuse to talk?

I knocked at the door. He didn't replied. "Ezra, I am hungry. I haven't ate a morsel since morning." I said sitting down, probably he will not open again. I heard the door open. He came out and picked me up. "I am sorry, I didn't wanted to shout on you or say something which will hurt you little one. I love you, I don't want to hurt you. Let get and see what we can wrap up OK?" He asked.

I held his arm. "What is it Ezra? What is it you don't want to talk about. It is troubling you , I can see." I slowly touched his torso. He moved back. "There is nothing Rosa, nothing. I am fine." Liar he thinks I cannot see past him. But he is very wrong. And I am going to prove him how much wrong he is.

"Ezra Michael Olyphant you are not leaving this place until you tell me what is wrong and what are you hiding from me." I said. Maybe I should have stayed silent then maybe just maybe we have not gotten into something like that. I felt coldness seep through his features. His gaze held an icy look. I was taken aback.

"Tell me Rosa whose wife you are? Because right now I think you trust everyone around you, just not me." When I said that? Why he always misinterpret my words? "I was just asking Ezra, just talking remember we talk to resolve our differences? Like civilized people? " I asked.

He looked angrier than before. "When I married you did the contact said that I will share my every damn secret with you?" What? "no it didn't, I am not in liberty to tell you every damn thing I feel, I am not liable or responsible to tell you my every single thought, my every single move, every damn thing I do Rosa. Now, it is your choice believe me or don't." He said.

"But when I..." "Look into my eyes Rosa and tell me you believe me, you believe that everything I do is for a good reason and that I know what I am doing." He said. "I..." "You cannot say it can you Rosa because you doubt me. And when there is doubt there can never be a strong relationship. Maybe marrying me wasn't after all a good move. Because you believe Lucas Hamilton more than you believe your own husband. Maybe if it was him in my place you never ever had asked all these questions", He picked his coat up not looking at me.

"Ezra..." He turned around still looking me with an icy glare in his eyes. "Don't... don't say a word or else I will do something I will regret all my life. I don't want to be that person again Rosa. It would be better if I stopped. I don't want to hurt you. It would be better if I stayed away from you right now." He didn't turn around. He just turned around and left.

I slumped down on the floor. Ezra left me alone yet again. Because he didn't wanted to talk about something which would have been just nothing. He could have just told me what was bothering him. But he never been the one to talk. He never been one to listen. And his words pierced my heart badly. Each words stung. He thinks I am asking because of Lucas? He thinks I don't trust him? He thinks that I trust Lucas over him? And lastly he said that I should have married Lucas not him?

He forced me into this marriage, but I am still working on making the most of it. But he? He don't seem to care, he don't seem to care about it at all. He thinks I am not trying. He thinks I am not going to accept it, this marriage is just a mere contract for me.

But he doesn't know how wrong he is. Ezra is my first love, he is my first in everything. He is the person who has power to make me and break me. But does he cares? No, he doesn't, He is same cold hearted Ezra Michael Olyphant as before. The same one I had encountered before.

I thought maybe he was going to change now but he didn't. He don't want anyone to confront him for anything. He still is the same person whom I encountered in the café for the first time. "Ezra why are you doing this? Why are you doing such thing? Why are you thinking that I am your enemy here?" I asked to the empty walls, my words died in the surrounding air.

And all around me there was one single whisper, something I started to believe myself.

He doesn't care for you

He doesn't and it is not a complicated thing to figure out. The Era Michael Olyphant wanted to get his hands on this toy and then when he did, he forget its value. He forget how he acquired it. How much trouble he went through. Instead of cherishing it, he put it on the self and locked it. Now it is sitting in the dust wondering how the life had changed for her.

That toy is me and he never knew my worth. I am worthless for him. I am nothing for him. He just wanted to have me as his wife and now when he did. He doesn't care how much he hurts me because I cannot go anywhere. I cannot go...

I felt sobs falling down my eyes. Why am I crying? Didn't I agreed to be his consented slave for rest of my life? Why am I crying over my situation now? I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. In my case it was sooner. It is always sooner.

First with that girl, now with Lucas, seems like there is always a third person between him and I. And he always bases our relationship over those persons rather than him and I. And I am totally fed up with this. I am totally fed up with him.

I am fed up now. I just wanted to spend a quite day with my husband but I don't think I can anytime soon. No I cannot. I took my keys and walked towards the garage and backed out my car driving in a random direction.

Word Count: 1170 Words