Chapter 33

Solutions

My body was still shaking from his assault. I cannot believe he just did that to me. How could he? I sat as far away from Ezra as I can but he was not having that so he took his seat after I sat down. The first course was served. A soup. 

French onion soup. He remembers that I liked it. "Eat up baby." He said softly. Like you didn't assault me a moment earlier.

"Frankly I am not much hungry, so you are telling me?" I asked. "Eat up Love you look Skinny, your brother is not taking care of you well?" He asked. "My brother takes care of me better than anyone cam Ezra, you shouldn't question his love or his loyalty. I am not much hungry. Now can we please talk? And can you try not to assault me like that again?" I asked.

"Yes, we can talk." He said placing his hand on my thigh. I pushed his hand away. "I am here for the talk not to fill into your desires" I told him. "Alright then, let's talk business Mrs. Olyphant." He said gesturing to clear our plates.

 "Did you or did you not make a deal with my father about me?" I asked. "I did, but I was desperate, and I wanted you at any cost. You weren't helping much" He said as the attendants placed another plate in front of us.

I crossed my fingers and put them on the table. "Thank you" I told the attendant and she nodded walking away. "Would you like some wine love?" "No, I am fine" Ezra nodded picking up his glass so that the attendant could fill it. "You may go now. I will call you in if we needed something" After they left, Ezra picked up his fork and knife and resumed eating. I however was intently watching his actions.

"Is it not up for your liking?" He asked. "No, it is alright, as I told you before I am not hungry, I am here to talk only. Now answer my question Mr. Olyphant if you may, did you or did you not jeopardize my brother's business empire to blackmail me into this whole situation thereby, forcing me into signing a contract and selling myself to you."

 He looked into my eyes, trying to read me but as much as I learned from him all these years, is not to give into him. No, I will not. I will not let him manipulate me again.

"No, I didn't. Yes, I admit that I never quite like your brother because he hid you from me. But I was not inhumane enough to jeopardize his hard earned fortune and the business he put his heart and soul into. If it gives you peace then, I want you to know that I always had admired your brother and his potential. If only good thing this whole ordeal did, it is to strengthen our bonds." I nodded picking up my fork and knife.

"Dessert?" He asked. "No, I am full" He frowned at my sentence. "You barely ate anything, please eat something" He urged. "I am full Ezra. Now, can we discuss the matters in hand or do you like me to walk out of here?" I asked. "N...No, of course not it was just that I made the well dessert myself, I missed your birthday too so I thought maybe..."

 "I do not need a celebration. All I need is a solution Ezra. I hope you understand you did broke my trust and it hurts badly. It hurts too much, But you don't seem to care. For you it is just..." I paused looking into his eyes.

"Just what Little one?" He asked. " A game Ezra, just a game." I told him. "No, it is not. It is never been a game for me. If it was then, I never would have pursued you, you see the thing about games is, it interest me for a little while but you Love, you are not an interest, you are a need. I told you before what I feel for you, I never felt for anyone else. You are a need. A need I can never ever run out of."

"And what if you did? Someday you thought I wasn't good enough then? You will just walk out on me. I cannot have that Ezra. How can I be sure that you will not do something like this again?" I asked. "That is called trust my love. You got to trust me." I laughed. 

"Can I? after all you done can I trust you? You used me again and again for your own benefit and I thought I could have saved you; I could love you; I could make you see the difference between right and wrong but oh no, it is not the case is it. I cannot make you see something you do not wish to see Ezra." I said.

"Does that mean you are planning to leave me?" He asked in a low voice. "What if I am? You haven't given me any reason not to. You technically forced your way in to my life. You forced your way into my heart and then you broke it. I thought I may just let you in again. And I foolishly did." I whispered the last part. He pulled me to him making me sit on his lap.

"I am sorry I made you feel that way. It was not my intention. I never wanted to hurt you. I just wanted you to be with me. I just wanted a chance to show you that I was not the Ezra you had known earlier. I am change person now Little one. All that matters in my life is being with you. And trust me I can give you anything, anything for you. You mean more, so much more in my life and I want to have that life only with you." He said placing a soft kiss on my temple.

I held his arms tightly as he kept kissing me. "Don't leave me. Please Rosa, I beg you don't leave me." He whispered between his kisses. "I want you back and I am ready to sacrifice anything for that. Anything that you want me to. I am going to do it because you are my truest treasure. You are my real wealth. If I don't have you, I do not wish to have anything, anything at all." He whispered holding my hands in his.

"Say something please, you are scaring me. Rosa, anything please punish me if you want to just don't leave me hanging. I know I have wronged you in so many ways but... cant you give me one last chance? Just one last chance to amend this?" He asked looking into my eyes.

I saw his eyes filling with water, damn that hurts too much. I cannot see him cry. Not because of me, not because of anyone. Reason is I love him. And I love him very much. But I need to test that his words are true. He says that I am his truest treasure, right? Ok then.

 "Fine I am not going to leave but I have few Conditions. If you are ready to listen then I am ready to negotiate a deal" He nodded. "I am ready for whatever you want me to do." Oh I think you are not Ezra. I think you never will be ready to whatever comes in your way. 

Word Count: 1265 Words