Chapter 34

Conditions

Let's discuss the conditions" He said sitting on the couch of his office. "Alright. My first condition is you have to move in with me in my house. Because I am not going back in yours" I told him. I cannot because it have so many bad memories associated with it, And knowing my condition, I don't think I can uphold the anxiety that may come with it. 

"Consider it done. I am selling it anyway because I am building the house you selected. It is under construction as we speak, anything else you might want me to do?" He asked.

"My second condition is you cannot touch me without my consent. So, you cannot just push me into an elevator and have your way with me." He shied. "I cannot go a day without touching you. I need you physically and emotionally. Don't take that privilege away from me. All I want to do is feel your skin against mine, it keeps the darkness in bay."

 "No Ezra, it doesn't work that way either you agree that you will not touch me from now on, or you do not get to be with me at all." Ezra thought for a moment.

"Can I kiss you and hold you in my arms? Sleep beside you at least?" He asked. "Fine." He nodded. "What is your next condition my love?" So, he knows there are more to come his way. "You will never question me, or stop me from going anywhere I wish to, meet anyone I want to. And yes, that includes Lucian." 

 "But..." He protested. "That is my condition never question me, you trust me, right? Then you should not question me." The silenced him.

"Fine, I will not question you. Anything else you want to add in my punishment?" he asked sounding bitter. Now it is your real test Ezra will you or will you not agree to it only time will tell. "Yes, I have" He looked up smiling. "Ask away love, if it is you, I am getting out of it, it is worth it, it is and I know it very well."

"I want you to sign over your entire company to me. I will be it soul owner until further notice and you will work under me. As a paid employee, no longer the boss who orders everyone around" he started to laugh. "It was a good joke," He said. 

"You are joking right darling. I mean does it really matters? If I am yours then my company too will be yours instantly." It was my turn to speak. " Where it the proof Ezra?" I asked.

"You need proof don't you trust me?" I looked at him with annoyed expression. "So, you don't trust me. And how can I trust you to not run off with my entire freaking empire in your hand?" He asked. "I thought you trusted me. Don't you Ezra? Show a little amount of trust to me? You cut me deep. So Deep." I whispered leaning into him. 

"So, do you My Love but you make sure that the wound hurt as long as it can." He chuckled. I pulled back in order to move away but he didn't let me.

" What it will be? Me or your empire?" I asked. "You, it will always be you. But I cannot loose my Empire too. Can we not negotiate a deal in which I got to keep the both? You and my empire?" I touched his handsome looking face. The face which hides many, many cruel intentions. "Either it is me or it is the business empire what it that you want? Decide Ezra that is the deal." He left my waist. And I stood up.

"I need time to think." He told me. Oh, now you need time to think. Fair enough then, " Alright. You have until tomorrow night to close to deal my love." I said touching his cheek dramatically. He held my arm and pulled me closer my whole body hummed with anticipation. He was too close for my comfort.

"You are leaving me?" he asked. "Yes, I am because there isn't anything left to discuss for me. I am ready to give you a chance but that chance is only depends upon what you decide to do Ezra. You got twenty four hours to decide. Are you ready to abide by my conditions or you are ready to lose me?" I asked.

 "Stay please. We can stay here tonight. Right in my office. I just want to hold you to sleep. I just want to hold you to sleep." He whispered holding my hand.

I pulled my hand back and kissed his cheek. "I have to go. Call me if you have an answer for me Ezra." I told him. His hold tightens on my arm. "Don't go please. I beg you little one. Don't go." He whispered. "I have to Ezra." I tried to move, keyword tried. I felt him hold my waist. "Please stay. What I must do to make you stay, see my side." He asked.

"You know exactly what you have to do Ezra to make me stay. If you can do it I will stay, but for now I have to go." I told him pulling his hands off my body. And then I walked. All I heard was him falling on his knees and his cries echoing into the silence of the night.

I speed walked towards my car, knowing that if I stopped my resolve will crack and I do not wish for it to crack. It take a lot in me to face him. It had take a lot in me to tell him my conditions. I do not wish to do anything with his company. All I wish is to make him choose, if he says that I am his true treasure, he should chose me over his company.

But with Ezra nothing is predictable and after how he forced me tonight, I don't think I can let him come close to me without him understanding that he cannot take everything by force. He has to understand that my emotions matters too. He should understand that when I say no, that means no. And most of all he should understand that he have to respect me.

I pulled the door of the car and shut it down. I started the car and then I saw him running out of the building like a mad man and the rain started to fall. But me? I kept on driving like a heartless and soulless person I am, or I am becoming lately. What can I do? I only am trying to protect my fragile little heart. No can blame me for trying can they? 

It had already suffered and I cannot let my child suffer because of my mistakes. I am sorry Ezra, yes I love you. Because there is no one else I can love. But I love her more, so much more. I am sorry Ezra, I am doing this for my baby, and yes I am being selfish, but I have no choice. Not anymore. 

Word Count: 1204 Words