Chapter 39

Bravery

Ezra and I returned and I checked his arm again. "Damn you Ezra Olyphant, damn you for getting shot on my watch." He pulled me closer looking into my eyes gently. I know what he was asking for, a silent permission. And after today's event I don't think I can deny him anymore of this, of me. I nodded.

He sat on his knees and kept his hand on my stomach. "Baby, can you hear me? I am your father, the jerk. I know, I have hurt your momma a lot haven't I? I am sorry, I promise I will be a good daddy to you. And I will be a good man to your momma. I love you already and I cannot wait to hold you in my arms. My little baby"

I didn't know when I started to cry. He noticed it already. He wiped my tears and hugged me. "I love you too Momma, So very much." He whispered in my ear. "I think we should move to a safe place. It is not safe in here." I didn't know why I suggested it, maybe because I am afraid that I may lose him and I cannot lose him. I lost him once already. I cannot bear to do it again and again.

"That wont do us any good, how long we can go into hiding? And what about them? Myra, Damien, even Sam? What about them? Your family and mine, my brothers Lucian and Adam would be in danger and so is Adam's family." Adam's family that made me laugh and looked at me weirdly that I was laughing in a serious situation such as this.

"Adam's family? The Adam's family?" He gets it now and there it was a smile on his face. "That gives me an idea why don't we all stay hidden till this matter resolves, probably the house? That one we purchased for our family?" He asked. "It can be and besides I am the owner of Olyphant's now so, whatever happens to the company you wont be the one to take the heat." I touched the side of his face.

Even when I see him close to me, he seems so unreal. When he walked out of that door I was shocked. I was relieved and I wanted to kill him. But at the same time I wanted to hold him and never let him go again. No, I cannot let him go again. "I love you Ezra Michael Olyphant, but I do not like your bravery. Not if get's you killed." I told him.

"I wanted to save you." He said touching me as if relieving himself of my presence. Making himself believe that I am here. I am already here with him and nothing happened to me. "I cannot let you die on my watch" He still haven't let me go. And quite frankly I don't want to go, get out of his hold and be away from him. I can't. I love him so much to walk away.

"Have I told you, you are an idiot my little trickster?" I asked and there it was again, his smile for the endearment I invented for him. "I thought I was Lucifer the wicked one?" he asked. "yes, that too Lucifer. But I still like your real name. Ezra Olyphant. But Ezra it was foolish of you to do that, got hurt and tried to save me when it all was..." "A trap?" He asked. I was shocked he already known all along then why go with it?

"We need to talk soon baby, but not now. We first need to get out of here alright? Then we can talk. Let's just call others ok?" I nodded and started to picked my phone up. He took from my hand and kept it on the table. "What are you?" "Shhh... I think they can see us, but cannot hear us, so no wiretaps but they might have bugged our phone just for the fun of it." He said touching my cheek.

"Just give them a show for now" He said touching my lips. Is he suspecting the same person as I am? Maybe because great minds always think alike. And last time I checked his and my mind ran in same pace. To think of it we are both bunch of weird people some how found each other. I felt his lips on mine and I pulled him closer instinctively.

There it was the familiar rush of electricity, the familiar warmth spreading through me. And I frankly never wished for it to end. No, I don't want us to end, not because of anything. He moved his hand on my Zip. I pulled back. He looked at me confused. "Let's get them a show" His eyes widen he knows what I meant. 

"No, I cannot let anyone see you like that other then me even for a show." Possessive... "I know you won't cover me up in sheets or draw the binds of the bed, but if we stop now...' He knew they will be suspicious. And no one had the idea that the bed of our room was a canopy bed.

Ezra made it just for me because I am in love with them. He smiled. "You are a very clever Vixen you know that?" he asked. "Yes, I know that my little Trickster." I smiled as he turned me around and pulled my zipper down. Kissing my spine slowly, his each kiss searing and burning, aching me with a need I never knew I can have. He took off the dress with my back to him and my front towards the bed. He hurriedly stripped down too making me laugh.

So eager aren't we Mr. Olyphant? Then suddenly he pushed me down and took the opportunity to pull the strings drawing the canopy around us. Suddenly it was me and him again. I know we can be alone like this for a while. "Now what? I am sure they cannot see us" He said. He is seeking my permission again to go on with it. If I said no, he will just back off, I know it pretty well.

I touched his bandaged hand. "Is it still hurting?" I asked. "No, not much as seeing you caught in the cross fire hurts little one" He touched my check and moved to nape of my neck staying there unmoving. "I was afraid too that I might just lose you Ezra, never again, you heard me never again scare me like that." He nodded his face mirrored mine expression. 

He was afraid that I might just... "Take me now, I want you, I don't care if whole world burns down to ashes, take me now please Ezra" I begged. "Alright but I want you to stay still can you do that for me Princess?" His princess, just his no one else's. "Yes" I whispered.

He kissed my mouth moving down kissing my neck still pinning my hands above my head and savoring me, I am savoring his touch. I felt his encircling my warmth, as he let go of my hand for a better excess. "I love you" I whispered. He remained still doing what he was doing to me. Finally I felt it as it washed over me, in days I felt like this and I need it, I needed him. He pulled back kissing me once again. 

"I love you more My little one. But we have to run now, I am sensing whoever it is, he is not happy knowing the things I am doing to you. But I promise I continue once I am sure we are safe enough alright?" I nodded and he pressed a button that sent us through a trap door. And then we were in a room.

It was a trap door I didn't even knew about and it is my house.He threw me a dress and I put it on. "I hid it as emergency provisions darling. Now get up, we are going" He said pulling on a jacket, finally dressed and then I heard a noise, a car. And he smiled pulling me on to a bike and off we go. 

Word Count: 1381 words