Chapter 13

The uneventful Meeting

I woke up in my husband's arm on living room floor surrounded by melted candles and rose petals and boxes of food. Last night we are both too tired to cook so I ordered in. And we talked about random things.

We agreed to be civil with each other. Well it was mostly me. He didn't tried anything with me until now. He said we should sleep in the leaving room so we made our bed on the floor and here I am sleeping in arms of my husband.

He opened his eyes and kissed my forehead placing a kiss on my cheek. "Good morning wife", He sounds awfully sexy. "Good Morning Husband" I replied. "breakfast?" He asked. I look at time shit I am late and there is a reminder from Myra. Oh no she is going to be pissed.

"I cannot sorry, I have a early meeting today." He look disappointed. "Ok then, See you later than?" He asked. "Only if you stay in bed. That is if you like to." I said.

"I am not going to die Amore, you are acting like the moment I turn around I will..." I placed my finger over his lips. "No one is dying in here Ezra, I am just concerned about you nothing much." He pulled me to him.

"Stop being too concerned about your poor husband he may mistake it for affection. And I know we are not in that phase yet. At least you are not in that phase." He said looking straight into my eyes.

His eyes landed over my lips and he started to close the distance slowly. As his lips about to meet mine my phone rang. I pulled back abruptly. "Where are you Rosa? The client will be here any minute. I am waiting for you at Trever's." Myra shouted.

"Yes I will be there in five" I said putting on my shoe. I looked around to see Ezra looking at me amusingly. "what?" I asked. He shook his head and said "Nothing I always found girls in suits sexy." He kissed my forehead and let me go.

I walked inside the restaurant. And I looked at Myra who was talking to Lucas Hamilton. This is going to be so awkward now. Imagine I was suppose to date him and now I am coming here to meet him as someone else's wife.

"Good morning Mr. Hamilton. I hope I am not too late" I said catching their attention. I put my bag down and sat in front of him.

"Anything specific you like?" Lucas asked. "No, I am fine with whatever you are having." He nodded and called the waiter. After he placed our orders , the waiter left and he diverted his attention back towards me.

"So I came to town only yesterday. And I came to know some interesting things Rosa." He said looking at my ring. I shuddered badly under his questioning gaze. I find it slightly disturbing I never ever liked someone looking at me that way.

Myra cleared her throat and Lucas's eyes snapped at her direction. "If you are ready I will describe the things needed to be told. Instead of useless talks. My friend is getting uncomfortable with your stairs Mr."

I never love Myra more for being blunt like this. I wanted to kiss her at this place. Lucas looked at me and then at Myra. "I thought it was a meeting between me and Miss Adams not you, whoever you are." Lucas insulted Myra and something within me snapped.

"Mr. Hamilton If I was you I would refrain from insulting my best friend and my P.A who works harder than you ever can think" I said. One thing I hate more than Ezra Olyphant is person like him. Who loves to mock people, for their own entertainment.

He looked at me Sharply and then said " Miss Adams, I hope you friend is not a whore like you are, willing to warm bed of a billionaire for money. Tell me how much he paid you this time? 10 billions? 50, 100? How much" By this time I was shaking in rage.

I don't know why but those words pierced right through my heart. I was not a whore. No I was not. I wear his ring now. I wear Ezra's ring now. I am not a paid woman. I am married to him. I am... I am...

I felt a pair of arm holding me. I looked up to see a familiar pair of Hazel eyes. He looked at me with concern. "Amore are you all right?" Ezra asked. He placed his trench coat over me and picked me up in bridal style.

I saw my brother by the car talking to Lucas. He was scowling constantly. I don't know why he was scowling at my brother.

I saw Damien fuming too. But all I felt was those words ringing into my ears constantly. I didn't wanted to be this. I never wished to be this. All I ever wanted was to be a good person, now I think I have lost my dignity too.

Ezra put me in car and I held on to my coat. I was shivering inside out. I felt dirty and cheap. I want nothing more than to prove him wrong. But I know I cannot.

I saw outside and saw Damien and Sam was holding off Ezra. He looked murderous. "If you ever again talked trash about my wife I will kill you. You hear me. She is my life and I will not tolerate anyone talking trash about her." He said no shouted, And if I know Ezra well, it was not a threat it was certainly a promise.

Ezra came back and sat beside me. He told driver to take us out of here. I passed my brother who nodded at me. I nodded back. We didn't turned at our usual route.

"where are we going?" I asked, He looked at me and kissed my forehead. "That my love is a surprise." He said softly.

I am not really in mood to argue right now. So instead I just nodded. I saw the car turn towards the airport and inside the private area. A jet was standing over there lined with the letters Olyphant. "Welcome honey to our own comfort ride"

Word Count: 1068 Words