Chapter 17

Reality

I woke up in my bed next to Ezra. I think I slept by his side again. Ever since we have came from that trip, he hardly leaves me alone. I think he is afraid that this all that is happening is little too much of a dream. And that he will get a reality check soon.

I don't blame him, I feel the same way. I think something bad will happen. It always does. It always does when I am trying to be happy. And now I am.

"Don't go" he mumbled. I touched his forehead and he is burning up. I knew he wasn't well enough for those things we did still he did all that why?

Because he wanted to make me happy. He wanted to make me happy in his own expense. That is foolish if you see it this way, a foolish, foolish act to be done.

He did that because he loves you with all his heart and he is trying to prove that you. But you are too cold to give him a chance.

"Ezra you are burning up. Let me call you a doctor." He groaned pulling me to him. "I just need you little one."

"Ezra you are sick and let me remind you, how they are never ever a good news, your illnesses are never a good news." I said getting up and calling the doctor. I am not going to let him get sick on me for the third time in a row.

I walked in to see him getting up. "Oh no you don't" I thought walking towards him. "Where do you think you are going to Mr?" I asked.

"Office, I remember I had this urgent meeting. I need to attained it." He said. "And this is important then your health how?" I asked. "I am not alone now, I have to provide for you and your comfort, as your husband I want to give you every happiness there is." I sat down beside him.

"Ezra I am very much capable of buying myself every comfort possible, you know who I am right?" He smiled.

"How can I forget who you are? But then also, I don't know this Rose King, all I ever known you as was Rose Adams, the girl who talked back to me, stood up to me. And turned my life upside down. Only you have the power to bring me on my knees and make me beg for Mercy." He said holding my hand. I saw his ring finger, a gold band sat there signaling that he is taken.

"What is it that you are looking for little one? There is nothing in here that you not already know. You have touched my soul, you have crept into my heart " He said.

"Ezra, all this is not easy for me. You break me apart, in the worst way. And to think of it I had fell for you, I fell in love in spite of your cold and cruel self. In spite of all that you had thrown at me. But you never saw it until I almost gave up my life for you. You think this all is easy for me?" I asked getting up.

"I am sorry ok, I was wrong. I admit, I was blinded by my love for her. I never ever saw her true face. I never saw it coming." He said.

"And you destroyed all we could ever had been. You have taken away only chance I had in getting my life back on track. Please don't make this difficult for me." I said getting up hearing the elevator coming up.

I saw the in house doctor coming in. "Mrs. Olyphant, what is it that I can help you with today?" He asked.

"Can you take a look at my husband, I think he had come down with flu." He nodded and walked in to check on Ezra. Ezra made a face at me, he was clearly not pleased, maybe he was just experiencing his tantrums he missed as a child.

"Mr. Olyphant, you are down with a flu. Nothing serious, though I will hardly suggest that you take rest for few days, that means you cannot go to office. And if symptoms persists, you experience pain or elevation in temperature , just take those two at a time. Not more." He said to Ezra who nodded.

The doctor left us alone. Ezra was up on his feet as soon as he left. "What are you doing? Didn't you heard what the doctor said? " I asked. "I did and I don't care. Even if I stay here, you will go to your office and I would be in here alone." He said.

"Ezra, now you are acting like a child. You know I have to work, there is the deal with Hamilton's which I had blown up badly and I have to secure another deal so that I can actually save my company." I said.

"So, you are allowed to work and I am not how is that fair?" He argued. Same old Ezra, he didn't want to understand that he is sick.

"Because you are sick, I am quite well actually." I said. "Yes right you are well, but last time I got sick you took care of me. I want you to do that again. I don't need any medication to get well. I need you by my side and that is something you are unwilling to provide me. " Oh Ezra why you act as a child when you are an adult?

"Ok, I will stay. Will you now undress and go to bed, you are ill. You need some rest to get better." He shied pulling me to him. "I am sorry, I don't want to argue. I don't like to argue. It is just that I fear my reality.

"I fear that you wont be the part of my reality. At this point of time, you are capable of leaving me. You are capable of walking away and that is what I am afraid of. So afraid of." I took off his shirt and trousers leaving him in his boxers.

Then I pushed him on the bed lightly. Taking off his shocks. Then I covered him in duvet. "Don't be scared Ezra. I am not leaving you. Not going anywhere. I am staying here right by your side." He touched my cheek.

"I am afraid that it is all a dream and I am going to wake up and see the reality of my life again, in which you are not mine. I don't think I can bear that pain, that suffering. I cannot bear to see you walk away from me again and again." I smiled only if he had know what he had meant to me.

Only if he had know that it is not I who had the privilege to walk away, it was always him who can and who will. While I would be the one struck in past thinking what ifs like always.

I fear this reality of mine. Feels awfully like dream, feels awfully like a wonderful dream. "Sleep Ezra I will be right here when you wake up" I said kissing his forehead.

Word Count: 1233 Words