Hard Times - Klay Thompson

Okay, I have a plot... you and Klay had a fight (jealousy?) and are barely talking and when he suffers the injury against the Raptors things get worse. He is so mad that he will be out for 8, 9 months that he ends up taking it out on you. You don't know what to do because you want to take care of him and give him some love but he's acting like an idiot and that makes you really angry. Drama, anger but with a cute ending, please!?

"OH MY GOD!" You yelled, across the room. You were feeling lost and just wanted this fight to stop. "I don't know how many times, I have to tell you. I am not cheating on you, nor have I. I'm not even sure how I could, when you're up my ass 24/7."

As soon as the last words come out of your mouth, you already regretted it. The sound of the bedroom door slamming caused you to jump, followed by the slamming of the front door. You finally let a deep breath out, feeling better. You were hoping that by the time Klay got home from the game, he would finally forget the fight. But, only you were far from long.

The sound of the phone caused you to jump a little. It was too late for someone to be calling, that's when your eyes landed on the clock under the tv. It was almost 12. Where was Klay?

Panic entered your body, as you realized that the game ended two hours ago.

"Hello?"

"Y/N." Curry's voice was low, and tired sounding. "I need you to open your front door."

You nodded even though he couldn't see. As soon as you opened the door, you hung up. Curry was pulling your boyfriend out of his car. A cast rested on your boyfriends leg. You already knew that from the look of it, he must have tore his ACL. Klay, looked loopy but you could tell was most likely from the pain meds.

Curry, placed your boyfriend in the bedroom, before coming out to talk to you. He knew that you knew what to do, but he wanted to warn you about how long Klay was to be out.

"The doctor's say he'll need surgery in a couple months, meaning he's going to be out for a good amount of time."

"How long?"

"About 8 to 9 months." You made a unhappy face, Curry shook his head knowing that you two were thinking the same. "Yeah, I know he's not going to be happy."

You walked Curry to the door, thanking him, along with giving him a hug.
"If you need anything, call me."

"Thank you. Be careful and text me when you get home." Curry smiled, before leaving the house.
Almost nine months out. Damn, he was going to be in a mood. Klay, didn't wake up at all until the morning, but you still didn't sleep. You ended up staying on the couch, in case Klay was in need of something. Before he woke up, you had made some breakfast, along with coffee and the bottle of pills Curry had given you last night. Making your way into the bedroom, you were faced with an already pissing looking Klay.

"Hey babe." You cooed. "How are you feeling?" You asked placing the pills in his hand, and handing him the coffee, before placing the plate of food on the table.

Klay took the pills, taking them, before answering you.

"How do you think I feel!" He didn't really mean to yell, but he was mad at everything.
Not only was he dealing with the torn ACL, but he was not allowed to play for almost half the year. He hated not being able to play.
"I made you something to eat. You shouldn't have an empty belly with the pills."
Klay, scoffed. "Oh now you care."

You left the room not wanting to get into again. If he was going to be in a foul mood, you were not going to be around. You got why he was mad, but you didn't think he needed to take it out on you.
Ever two hour you checked in with Klay and handed him more pills when needed. Yet, for the most part you stayed away.

Every since time you went in the bedroom, he had some remark to say to you. It was getting so bad that you ended up calling Curry. Curry had been a really good friend to both of you and he was more then a teammate. He was family, and whenever you needed Klay to get a swift kick in the butt, you called Curry.
"Still in the bedroom?" He asked once he walked in the house.

"Yeah." You simply said feeling happy that someone was here to help. You walked to the room first in hope to make Klay smile, but it failed like it always did.

"Great, I'm so glad you told me Y/N, not like I don't have eye."

Curry, could tell you were already done, and it had only been a day. He couldn't tell if you wanted to punch Klay or cry or both. By the look of your face, he guessed you had already been crying. You left the room in a hurry, leaving Curry and Klay alone.
"What the hell man." Curry started. He took a seat on the edge of the bed. "You are being such an ass, and all she does is care for your dumb ass."

Klay, went to say something but Curry stopped him.
"You need to stop. I get you're stressed and pissed about missing most of the season, but that's not her fault. I know about the fight. I know that once you get something in your head you tend to believe it, but that girl out there loves you too much. She would never chest on you, just like you wouldn't either." Curry looked mad as hell as he looked at his friends face.

"She doesn't have to be here helping you. In fact, if it was me, I would have left your ass here to fend for yourself. You're being an ass. You need to come to terms that what happened last night was not her fault. It was yours. If you didn't leave pissed, you wouldn't have played so hard."

Curry stood up walking towards the door. "You need to realized that you have it pretty good here." With that he left the room.

Klay, sat there thinking about his friends words. He was right. He was mad at you because he blamed you, but it wasn't your fault. If he didn't keep pushing the fight, you wouldn't have said what you said last night. Even after all the nasty words he said to you, you still took great care of him. You didn't have to. You did it because you loved him and forgave him even thought he was an ass. Once Curry left Klay, came out of the room with his crutches, too see you on the couch, wrapped in a blanket like a burrito.

He watched you for a moment before, leaning over to kiss your cheek. You looked up at him with red eyes. His heart broke a little knowing that he was the cause of it.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for last night and for how I've been today. I love you and I shouldn't have done any of that. I should have just trusted you, when you said nothing happened. I shouldn't have kept the fight going and I shouldn't have taken this all out on you. You didn't deserve any of it."
You sniffled a little before opening the blanket you had wrapped around you. Klay smiled as he laid down on the couch, laying his head on your lap, while his leg dangle over the arm of the couch.
You two stayed like that most of the night, watching movies after movies and eating way too much take away.