Kyrie Irving

My eyes searched the room anxiously. I was trying to locate Kyrie as the boys came out of the gym after their practice session. We had previously made plans to hang out together after, something I wasn't looking forward to anymore.

Kyrie and I had been great friends for a long time, and I was afraid I was about to mess it all up with my stupid feelings.

You see, he and I had managed to stay strictly platonic for years, and it never was an issue. He dates other girls, I dated other guys and we were just regular best friends. However, a couple of months prior to today, Kyrie got drunk at a party and kissed me accidentally, an event he probably didn't even remember the next morning, but I did, to the point where I couldn't think of much else when I was with him, or even away from him.

Feelings and acknowledging them had never been my forte, but this time, I decided I wasn't gonna be a coward, and I was going to confront them head-on, resulting in me being a nervous wreck as I waited for Kyrie.

"Y/N, you good?" The familiar deep voice called out.

I look up at him, wondering whether to do it here or when we get to his place. I wanted to stall for as long as I could, but I also wanted to get it over with.

"Kyrie." I let out hastily.

"Yeah?" He frowned slightly.

"Can I talk to you? There's something I need to tell you." Whew, it's make or break time.

"What's wrong?" He asked curiously, readjusting his sports bag on his shoulder.

My hands were practically shaking and my heart raced. It seemed like a terrible idea, it really did, but I was going to push through, whether I like it or not.

"So um, you remember that night at the party? You got really drunk, and you kissed me by accident?" I start steadily.

"Not my best moment." Kyrie chuckles. "Why? You sure you good? You seemed a little, stressed."

I'm more than just stressed Ky, I'm panicked. This could go either way and I've got really no clue what I'm doing.

"I'm fine, really, I just need to get this off my chest." I nod.

"Go ahead then." Kyrie encouraged.

I seriously hope I don't regret this in the end.

"That night, you kissed me, and I haven't really been able to stop thinking about it. Now, I know that we're friends and all that, but um, I just, I just have these feelings for you now, and, and they won't go away! And I don't really want them to, Ky." I erupt, letting go of everything I've been holding in.

I watch as his face goes from worried, to confused, to shock, then back to confused.

"What does, what does that mean?" He questions.

"I like you, Kyrie. More than a friend should." I rephrase.

"Oh." He breaths out.

It's not the reaction and expected, far from it, and it almost breaks my heart. I messed up, I know I did, and the worst part is I can't take it back.

"I mean, it's really not a big deal." I lie. "I get it if you don't feel the same way."

"Y/N, wait." He grabbed my wrist.

"I didn't kiss you by accident. I've been feeling you for a while too." He smiles softly.

His words are like music to my ear. It didn't even seem real.

"What?" I asked him to repeat.

"I like you too. And I'm glad you did the first move, cause I'm terrible at it." Kyrie chuckled.

"So am I." I laugh too, looking at my overly sweaty palms.

"You really are man, you're choice of setting was terrible." Kyrie nodded as one of his teammates passed by us.

"Shut up. At least I had the balls to do it." I hit him playfully.

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever. Come on, let's get out of here, babe."

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!