CECIL IV

Cecil wondered if he'd ever be able to drive again after this.

First off, as he sped towards the mountain where Python was beginning to stir, obviously sensing their approach, the car began heating up and shining. He'd heard about sports cars being called hotrods before but this was ridiculous! The metal was actually smoking from the amount of light escaping it. Secondly, as he turned to survey the valley below, the car was almost whacked out of the air by a huge tail. It was all he could do but scream and jerk the steering wheel up, causing them to spiral into the air vertically for a few seconds before readjusting. Thirdly, he had to worry about not letting his friends fall out of the practically flaming sports car. Seriously Apollo; why no seatbelts?

"What's going on?" Will questioned when the vehicle turned downward like they were going down steep rollercoaster tracks.

Lou Ellen was searching the ground for any sign of Python's head or Apollo, but they had not yet came into the valley yet. She quickly switched to looking around the car for something to throw at the oversized snake. "Python's trying to bat us out of the sky. If only we could fight back, throw something at him to slow him down, or OH MY GODS!"

"What?" Nico asked as he craned his head to see what Lou Ellen was shouting about. He gasped when she pulled something golden out of the glove compartment. It was roughly a foot long, one end pointed and the other laden with feathers of gold attached to increase accuracy. "Is that a golden arrow?"

"Yes!" There was excitement in her voice as she pivoted around to face those in the back. "When we free Apollo we can give this to him and he'll be able to finish Python off!"

Will smiled, his eyes settling on Cecil's chair unfocusedly as he nodded in agreement. It was just then that Cecil began yelling.

"I see Apollo and Python!"

Nico, Cecil, and Lou Ellen looked over the side of the vehicle and hundreds of feet below them to see the Valley of Phocis. The valley itself would have been beautiful with its grassy hills and ancient caverns if not for the body of Python streaming through the valley like yarn. In the middle of the valley, sticking out of the biggest cavern entrance, was said monster's head. It was as big as a monster truck, maybe even a boat. Its face was dark silver with purple runes the color of deadly poison spiraling around its giant red eyes. Across from the beast's head was a section of its body gathered in a pile. As the demigods peered closer they recognized a blond-haired man wrapped up in the folds of the monster.

"Prepare to come back around," Nico ordered as Python's tail came out of nowhere yet again. After dodging it once more did Cecil start accelerating. They had been going seventy miles an hour, but now they were well past a hundred. Lou Ellen had to grip the bottom of her seat while the two in the back held onto the heads of the front seats for dear life. Everyone was terrified as Cecil maneuvered the car into a wide arc, allowing him to aim it down into the valley as the car changed directions.

"We're going to die!" Cecil screamed as they shot down into the valley going at least two-hundred miles an hour.

Suddenly Will shouted something about shoes. Everyone in the car held back a sigh of relief as they slowly raised themselves out of their seats. Below them Python had raised his head, eyeing them suspiciously as something akin to a flaming meteorite flew towards him. The dumb monster realized to late what it was.

"JUMP!" Cecil screamed as the four let go of what they had been holding onto and were thrown from the vehicle from sheer force. They screamed the magic word desperately as they started their descent, their magic shoes stopping their fall a few seconds later as wings sprung from the soles.

Lou Ellen was having a lot of trouble controlling them, as was Nico (he blames Zeus), while Cecil seemed to skate on the wind to Will where the blind demigod was utterly lost in midair.