PARTYING AT NEW ROME UNI

"A party? You, Will Solace, want to go to a college party?"

When Nico learned Will had been invited to a party at a house off campus to celebrate the end of the winter term, the first thing he thought was that going was a terrible idea. His dislike for parties aside, he had heard stories about college ones.

From what he'd heard they were full of drinking, people hitting on each other, and tons of other examples of what went against his values. Mortals were bad enough, but the fact that demigods and legacies would be there too didn't make him feel any better. Many children of Bacchus (Dionysus) could turn water into wine with the touch of a finger. Children of Mercury (Hermes) were great at stealing things they weren't old enough to legally possess. Victoria's (Nike's) kids loved to challenge each other to games or fights that never seemed to end. Even children of Venus (Aphrodite) could be trouble, flirting and breaking hearts simultaneously.

Will stuck out his lower lip in a fake pout. "What's that supposed to mean? I don't go to parties normally, but according to my classmates it's like a tradition and not going would be lame. It's not like I'm going to drink or anything. I just want to check it out for a while."

"Are Jason, Piper, Percy, and Annabeth going too?"

"I think some of Percy's friends from Marine Biology begged him into coming. Annabeth is probably going with him to keep an eye on him. I asked Jason earlier, but he said he had something important to do tonight. He's probably going on a date with Piper."

Nico had to hide a knowing smile from his boyfriend. Just last weekend when he told everyone he was taking Jason to visit a minor goddess, the reason being having questions about the changes to her shrine, they had actually visited the McLean estate. The son of Hades smirked inwardly as Jason went to talk with Piper's father in private. Never had he seen him so nervous; asking for permission to marry was bound to be scary, but Nico only had Will's wonderful mother and Apollo to deal with in the future.

"I still don't understand why you want to go," Nico commented sourly.

Will looked at Nico incredulously. "I have never been to a college party. Don't you think I should at least go once just to say that I have? If not it's like I'm missing out on a normal teenage experience."

"Since when have we ever been normal? And I skipped the partying phase seeing as trying not to die was more important than having those related to the Stolls spike my drink."

"You should come to the party too!" Will exclaimed as they walked side by side on the way to one of his classes.

The dark-haired teenager shook his head. "The party starts tonight at seven, doesn't it? I have to work until nine."

The blond seemed to deflate, which caused Nico to sigh and nudge Will with his shoulder playfully. "I could come and pick you up from it though, and maybe stay a little if you want. Just give me the address and I'll shadow travel there right when I get off of work."

"Yay!" Will shouted excitedly as he crushed Nico to his chest in a big hug. He gave him a chaste kiss to the cheek before saying goodbye and practically skipping towards the building he had class in. In his bright yellow winter coat, tan pants that hugged his legs way too well, and black knee-high boots, Nico had trouble pulling his gaze away until he disappeared inside.

With a sigh, he slunk into the shadows. How had he ever thought that boy was straight?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Great job, kid."

The little boy that reminded Nico all too much of his younger self grinned, his hazel eyes wide with excitement as Nico handed him a fairly rare Mythomagic card for winning the match.