APRIL FOOLS!

"Everybody run!" Mitchell shouted as he burst from the Aphrodite cabin. Behind him his siblings were screaming as they crashed into each other trying to escape. It was too late for most of them just pushing through doorway though, for an explosion of paint covered the demigods head to toe with various colors of the acrylic substance.

One of the younger girls looked at herself in horror. "Wearing these many colors at once is a fashion disaster! And look at my hair," she groaned while from afar the Stoll brothers high-fived each other.

From across the green a chorus of screams were heard from the Demeter cabin. The flowerbed that normally sat on top of the roof of their cabin soaking up sunlight was on fire.

"Somebody help!" Katie and another one of her siblings shrieked. They had noticed it burning on their way back from breakfast and had quickly ordered those inside to evacuate. To their knowledge the fire was going to burn down the whole cabin.

Suddenly Leo and Cecil appeared out of nowhere, the two chuckling devilishly before laughing outright. Katie glared at them venomously.

"You think this is funny? This is not an April Fools Day prank— this is arson! Put out the fire before it spreads," she demanded.

Tilting his head and smiling, Cecil turned to Leo. "Tell her it's not real, dude."

"What he said." The son of Hephaestus replied while pointing to the glowing flames atop the normally green cabin. "It's a trick I learned how to do. It looks and feels like real fire, but it won't spread or burn anything. It's basically a projection, although it helps to keep warm. Splash some water on it and it'll disappear with your plants untouched."

Katie deflated, her heartrate declining as he explained. Despite the prank being a little over the top she believed Leo. He wasn't a bad guy after all; he wouldn't do something like burn down a cabin. She should have known that.

Meanwhile in the dining pavilion...

"Ow!" Percy yelled as Clarisse kicked him in the back of the leg. He glared at her angrily. "Why does everyone keep kicking me today?"

The daughter of Ares sauntered away with a grin on her face just as Jason walked up and inspected his friend.

"Dude," Jason said slowly. "There is a sign taped to you back that says 'kick me'."

"What?" Percy danced around for a second before reaching behind and tearing it off himself. He read it before crumpling the paper into a ball. "I swear, whoever did this..."

Suddenly, those in the pavilion shouted and gasped as every shadow in the area rose into the air. The vortex of darkness churned so violently the campers watching expected Hades to pop out of it. Instead, the shadows sank into the ground in a rush to reveal a very pissed off Nico di Angelo. He paid no attention to the stares he was getting as he grabbed an enchanted plate, sat down at the usual table where Calypso, Piper, Annabeth, Will, and Lou Ellen were waiting, and dug into a biscuit that had just popped into existence.

"Hey, Death Boy." Will raised an eyebrow at his behavior. "Care to tell us what happened to open a black hole in the middle of the dining pavilion?"

Nico stabbed a breakfast sausage on his plate, causing Will to wince, before launching into a long-winded rant.

"I guess I can only blame myself for being so gullible. Anyway, I woke up this morning with a letter from Hazel on the floor of my cabin. It was in her handwriting and I was tired so I didn't think anything weird about it. I open the letter and almost open a crater to Tartarus when I read that my sister is pregnant. Pregnant! So I shadow traveled straight into Camp Jupiter, get yelled at by Terminus, and the moment I see Frank I punched him in the face. Then I turned to Hazel, who was right there staring at me in shock, and asked her to explain herself. I sort of went on a tangent about how she was so young, not to mention not even married yet, and only stopped when Frank got up. I almost killed him, poor guy, before Reyna and Tucker showed up to restrain me. That's when I was made aware that today is April Freaking Fools Day, Hazel is not pregnant, and that I'm a bigger moron than Percy for falling for such a stupid prank."