MOMMY O'LEARY

A terrified shriek tore through the camp the morning of December 16th.

It was barely two hours past midnight when said cry caused demigods armed with various weapons to rush out our their cabins. They were only made slightly less terrifying by the fact they were in pjs and many were yawning tiredly.

"Somebody help!" The door of the Poseidon cabin flew open just as everyone began searching for the source of the scream. Percy's eyes were wide with fright.

Clarisse groaned loudly. "What are you hollering about at this time, Jackson?"

"My Hellhound is in labor!"

The daughter of Ares looked taken back. "What?"

Percy ignored her, instead sweeping his sea green eyes around until they met those of Will Solace. Just as Percy was about to call out to him, Will bolted.

"No way!" He said as he ran back towards the Apollo cabin. "Never again!"

"Will, she needs help!"

"Animals already know what to do when it comes to giving birth, Percy. It's called instinct!"

Before he could find safety in his cabin, a pale hand grabbed Will's wrist. He turned to see Nico looking at him with a demanding look on his face. Will gulped.

"Hey, Death Boy! You look so cute with bedhead."

Nico rolled his eyes. "Sunshine, I know you don't want to, but will you at least watch over Mrs. O' Leary to make sure her pups are fine? Percy looks like he's about to puke and I care about the Hellhound almost as much as him."

Will sighed, nodding but fixing Nico with a begrudging look. "Fine. Run to the infirmary and get gloves, a couple of towels, a gallon of warm water, and a blanket."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The first little black fluff ball (small for a hellhound anyway) ended up being a girl. Once the second pup entered the world, he quickly cleaned it off with a warm water-soaked towel. He then placed the pup into a box lined with a very soft blanket.

In total, four puppies had been born. Three girls and one boy. They all had one head ( unlike Cerberus) and could have passed off as black Labrador Retrievers. Currently they were nursing from one very pleased Mrs. O' Leary, the puppies curled against her stomach while on top of a pile of blankets.

"They're adorable," Percy gushed. "I'm so proud of my little girl!"

Nico, standing beside his beaming boyfriend, merely hummed in agreement.

"What are you going to name them?" He asked curiously.

Percy made a face as he thought about it. "I have no idea... One of the girls can be Shadow, and another Midnight."

"Can we name the last girl Lucy?" Will jumped in. "I had a dog named Lucy when I was a toddler..."

"Okay, Lucy it is! Now what about the boy?"

Jason elbowed the son of Hades, whom turned around and glared at his friend. "Why don't we name him Nico?"

"I don't think so!" Nico said. "That would be awful please no."

"Oooo oooo!" Leo interjected "I have an ideal! Drumroll please... I name it the Prince of Barkness!"

Nico face palmed. "Please can someone have a better suggestion?" He was greeted with silence.

Percy grinned. "Then it's settled. Everyone, say hello to Shadow, Midnight, Lucy, and the Prince of Barkness!"

"Who gets the puppies when they're old enough?" Annabeth questioned. "I know Hazel gets one of them, but eventually the rest will need owners so they don't run wild."

"Hmm... I bet Reyna's dogs would love a new friend. She can have one, if she's okay with it. As for the other two," he paused for a moment. Then he turned to Will. "You made sure they were born safely; would you want one?"

Will's eyes lit up with excitement. "Can I have Lucy?"

"Of course, dude. Then there's the last one."

"What about Thalia? I bet she wouldn't mind a hunting dog with her and the Hunters of Artemis," Jason spoke up.

Percy nodded. He was happy his grandpuppies all had owners when they were old enough to be without their mother.

Leo suddenly yawned loudly, catching everyone's attention. "Well, it's almost three in the morning and I need my beauty sleep. See you in the morning and all that jazz." He said with a wave while leaving the cabin.

"Beauty sleep?" Calypso shook her head in exasperation. Why was her boyfriend so silly?

"He's right," Percy admitted with a long yawn. "We'll take a few pictures for Hazel, Reyna, and Thalia tomorrow. My little girl and even littler girls and boy need rest. G'night!"

The demigods said their goodnights before shuffling to their respective cabins sleepily. As Will headed towards the infirmary, Nico walked with him.

"You did great, Will." Nico praised with a smirk. "Are you planning on becoming an obstetrician? Or maybe a midwife?"

Will made a face. "I don't think so! Gahh, next our friends will be requesting me to deliver their children in the future."

"You are the best healer in Camp Half-blood. Probably best among both camps."

Chuckling, Will pressed his boyfriend against the wall of the supply closet and grinned wickedly. "Exaggerated compliments are unneeded to get a kiss, Death Boy. All you needed to do was ask. Or take, really."

"I wasn't exaggerating," Nico replied with a devilish grin of his own. Apparently they weren't going to bed quite yet.