MISTAKE: PT1

There was no way anyone but the Fates themselves could have known what calamity would befall the Seven and friends the day after Thanksgiving.

After spending the holiday with various family (Cecil and Lou Ellen at their own homes, Nico and Will at the Solace residence, Jason, Leo, Piper, and Calypso at the McLean estate, and Percy and Annabeth with Sally Jackson— Hazel, Frank, and Reyna opting to stay at New Rome for the holiday with those not leaving for the day), the thirteen demigods decided to get together for Black Friday shopping. None of them were too focused on the shopping aspect, mostly happy to be together with friends.

"What should we get for lunch?" Annabeth asked once they had left Walmart. They hadn't found anything particularly interesting, although Lou Ellen noticed Cecil's pockets looked just a bit heavier than normal.

"McDonalds?" Nico requested hopefully.

Will stuck out his tongue childishly. "Subway is healthier."

"If I can't get chicken nuggets there then no deal."

After discussing it for several more minutes, the group finally decided on McDonalds since Nico had offered to pay with the many gift cards he had been given on his birthday. They had tried to tell him not to, since they were his gifts, but he insisted. He really wanted a Happy Meal.

However, halfway through their meals, another group of what seemed to be demigods entered the establishment.

There were six of them total: four guys and two girls. They were all clad in attire similar to bikers. Their matching leather jackets read "Green-eyed Monsterz" on the back, which confused the group of heroes who were keeping their eyes on them. The newcomers seemed to notice them though, and walked past the ordering counter in favor of greeting the thirteen demigods assembled on the other side of the restaurant.

"Well what do we have here?" One of the guys spoke, age probably a year older than Percy. "A lot of powerful half-bloods all together in one place."

"Who are you?" Jason asked as he pushed his chair back and stood at full height. Frank, Percy, and Reyna followed his lead.

The biker grinned, revealing teeth that had been sharpened into points. He looked like a shark with his teeth like that. "My name doesn't matter, now does it? What does matter is whom my siblings and my godly parent is, which is Phthonus."

"God of jealously, envy, and distrust," Reyna growled at the group. "Your kind are nothing but trouble."

"I am wounded," the lead biker pretended to be hurt. Too bad everyone there saw the malice in his jade eyes. "I'm not the one hanging out with not just one child but two children of Hades. Their kind is the worst of all. Detestable."

Hazel stood up, golden eyes flashing with anger. "I'm a daughter of Pluto, for your information. I also don't like your attitude. If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all."

The guy put his hands up. "Sorry if I offended you, Miss Mocha."

"What did you just call me?"

"What's the matter, Chocolate Chip? Is it that time of the month?"

Frank opened his mouth, most likely about to defend his girlfriend, when Nico acted first. The shadows around the group started wrapping around the children of Phthonus silently. From where Nico was slowly rising out of his seat, everyone could see his eyes were practically black with fury. Shadows glued the bikers to the ground effectively by holding their legs in place; there would be no escaping his wrath.

"Say so much as another word to my sister and I'll send you to meet our father personally." Nico hissed while Will put a hand on his shoulder to ground him. He didn't want him letting his anger get out of control.