SEE THE STARS

Percy and Annabeth were both skeptical as to why Nico and Will had so adamantly demanded they go stargazing that night. It was chilly out and the request was so random. Sure the two college students watched the stars often in memory of their friends in Tartarus, but that was why they were reluctant to go. Often times they got emotional, ending up in deep conversations about what they wondered the giant and titan were up to. They owed them the lives they were currently living; all they could hope though is that they'd reform. They missed them so much.

"You've got the blanket, right?" Annabeth asked, tapping her foot impatiently while Percy rummaged through his closet. After many disasters featuring blankets ending up soaked from wet ground, they had invested in a camping blanket that was plastic on one side but soft and warm on the other. The daughter of Athena thought it was optimal for outdoor activities such as this.

"Yeah," he answered before popping his head out and grinning. "I'm just trying to find that thing I picked up for Nico a while back. Remember?"

The blond crossed her arms and sighed. "He is going to deck you if you give him that."

Percy frowned as he pulled out what he was looking for. It was a bottle of perfume with the scent labelled "Sun-kissed", something he saw and bought right away as a joke for his unofficial little brother.

"It'll be worth the look on his face."

"I doubt he even uses perfume, Percy. Just because he is homosexual that doesn't mean he's into culturally feminized things like fashion, shopping, perfume and so on. Those are stereotypes."

"Americans being fat is a stereotype, but the statistics prove many Americans are overweight or at least pudgy."

"But not all Americans," she stressed. "Also, Mexico currently stands as the country with the most obese people, not America. Facts and statistics aside though, Nico and Will are probably waiting for us in the park. Grab your silly gift so we don't keep them waiting any longer."

"Got it, Wise Girl."

After grabbing their jackets and the blanket, the two made their way hand in hand from the dormitories and towards the edge of the city. It didn't take them long to make it to Central New Rome park. The light of the moon was enough to guide them past the deserted playgrounds and to the hill where they often met up for picnic dates.

They spotted Nico and Will sitting in the grass within seconds. Well, they saw Will easily enough. His blond hair was like a beacon in the moonlight. Nico, on the other hand, was clad in black like always. They could only make him out because Will was shining dimly in the darkness.

"Hey!" Percy called out as he dragged Annabeth along in a jog. He quickly spread out the blanket and motioned for them so sit with him; seconds later the four of them were sitting in a loose circle.

Annabeth hugged them in greeting. "It's nice seeing you guys again. It's been a little while, hasn't it? How have things been?"

Nico grinned in the darkness, Will elbowing him playfully when he noticed. "Nothing much. I just finished a solo quest given by Rachel herself. Almost got dragged into Tartarus again, but it was worth the scare since I ended up finding two friends I'm sure you'll be happy to see."

It was at that moment the shadows behind them twisted, revealing Bob and Damasen standing not even three yards away. Percy and Annabeth's eyes lit up at the sight of them. Will nuzzled his boyfriend's face as the other two demigods flung themselves at the immortals, tears escaping both of them.

"I am so glad to see you again, Bob, my friend." The son of Poseidon said after he had reigned his emotions. Beside him Damasen was patting Annabeth's shoulder comfortingly. "We cannot begin to thank you both for what—"