PERCY'S BIRTHDAY

"Happy Birthday, Percy!"

It was Wednesday August 18th, 2010. Moreover, it was Percy Jackson's seventeenth birthday.

Percy blinked as he stepped into the decorated cabin of Zeus. There were streamers and balloons all over the ceiling, a few foldable tables with either gifts or food on them, and all of the decorations and some of the food was blue or sea-themed. Every one of his friends were there too. As long as Zeus never found out his cabin had been used to throw his brother's son a party and zapped him, Percy would say this was the best surprise he's ever gotten.

"You guys did all this for me?" The son of Poseidon gaped as he looked around, his eyes falling on a blue pastry on one of the tables. "Is that a blue cake? Oh my Gods, guys, you're amazing!"

Annabeth smiled at her boyfriend as she unlaced her fingers from his. "Go say hi to our friends, Seaweed Brain. Then you can open presents, eat cake, and we can play some games Jason ordered online. We have pin the tail on the satyr."

"I still take offense to that." Grover said good-naturedly as he trotted up to Percy and hugged him close. His girlfriend Juniper stood talking to Ella, who babbled incoherently while Tyson went to hug his half-brother as well.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Karaoke?" Nico asked as Jason and Piper rigged up a machine with a laptop. In their hands they held wireless microphones, to which the children of the forties looked at them confusedly. "What is that?"

Hazel was also lost. "I've never heard of it before either. We didn't have karaoke when I was around."

"Isn't it just singing, but with microphones?" Calypso asked Leo.

After explaining what exactly karaoke was, Leo was practically jumping up and down to go first. Since he was so willing they let him, the others not nearly as excited at the inventor who ran up to the laptop and quickly typed in a song. Since the words were on the computer screen no one knew what he was going to be singing until the music started.

"Holy Poseidon," Percy started laughing when he recognized the song by the music. "He's going to sing Adele."

"And I set fire to the rain!" He belted obnoxiously, his body lighting on fire all besides the hand that held the microphone.

Next, Jason and Percy decided to sing Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better. It was going great, Percy singing the female part and Jason singing the male part, until near the end of the song they started arguing about who was actually better.

"I can talk to fish and horses," Percy screamed. "What can you talk to? Oh right, just the wind."

"For you information I can control wind spirits, which is how I fly. You can't fly; all you can do is breathe underwater, which anyone can do even if only for a short amount of time."

"Oh yeah? Well I can create tsunamis and control almost any form of water." He made his point by making water rise out of a plastic cup it was in and threw it at Jason, getting his hair very wet. "If you were me, you'd be dry."

Jason glared at him. "I can create storms and call forth lightning! Wanna take this outside, Jackson? I'll show you just how much better my powers are."

The two stopped fighting a few moments later when Calypso started singing A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. It was breathtaking, but also sad. Leo was trying hard not to cry throughout the whole song, managing it except for one stray tear that escaped him near the end.

"Who's next?" Calypso asked innocently after she had finished her song. When no one stepped up, Leo took it upon himself to sing a slightly altered version of Come Sail Away by STYX. How ironic...

"I'll go!" Will volunteered next, winking at Nico and taking the microphone from Leo. A moment later, Nico face-palmed as he heard the music to a song only introduced to him recently.

"It's raining sunshine~"

When he had finished, he tried to talk Nico into singing too. The son of Hades was adamant that he was not and would never sing in his lifetime. However, when Percy walked up to him and began pouting, saying it was his birthday and it would make him very happy, Nico grudgingly agreed. Percy would have to stop complaining about not being Nico's type, and while he didn't want to let it go he did for the sake of Nico singing.

"Let me just find a song that isn't too humiliating," he mumbled before spending almost ten minutes searching through music. Finally, he picked a song called Louder Than Thunder. It was a slow, quiet song that caused everyone to stay silent as the extremely shy Nico sang it with passion. He was a very good singer, Will had to admit. He surpassed the non-musically gifted son of Apollo easily. After he finished, he surprised the group by staying by the computer and looking up another song. With a sparkle in his eye, he clicked Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. He knew Will would love it.

After the adorable song that sent Will tackling and cuddling his boyfriend nonstop for the rest of the night, the demigods started picking fun, silly songs. Piper, Annabeth, and Hazel sang together, singing "Hit me baby one more time!" so well everyone joined them. Even Thalia joined in at one point, singing a hardcore version of Stronger by Kelly Clarkson. Lou Ellen ended up picking a dance song called Magic Melody, to which she danced with Cecil during the parts that were purely instrumentals. Percy and Annabeth danced along as well, a few others joining in as the beat became infectious. Will did take notice to Lou Ellen and Cecil enjoying dancing the most though.

All in all though, the funniest part of the night was when Leo, Percy, Jason, and Will sang an altered version of I'm Sexy and I Know It together.

"When we walk into camp, this is what we see; every camper stops, staring at us. We got the power in our hands and we're not afraid to show it, show it, show it... We're demigods and we know it!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As the night grew long, the past several hours spent talking, eating, and playing silly games that they were much too old for (but immensely enjoyed), the Romans prepared to settle down for the night. Reyna and Rachel were sleeping over in the Athena cabin with Annabeth, Frank would borrow a bed in the Ares cabin (Clarisse had agreed only because it was Percy's birthday), Tyson and Ella would stay with Percy in his cabin, and Hazel would get to rest in her own bed. Thalia, after Jason begged her to stay, reluctantly agreed to spend the night in the Artemis cabin, to which Jason pouted.

"That was so much fun!" Will said excitedly as he and Frank walked the Hades siblings to their cabin. "However, I'm going to make sure your birthday is even better, Death Boy. Wait, when is your birthday?"

Nico rolled his eyes. "November 1st, 1932."

"You look great for being seventy-eight!"

"I'll be turning fifteen in November, Sunshine, not seventy-nine."

Will pecked Nico's cheek as they reached the cabin. "Well, you are still going to be spoiled rotten. See you in the morning, Nico. Sweet dreams."

Nico smiled, pulling the blond-haired boy into a quick hug. "You too, Will."