FATED PROPOSALS

"I think that's a wonderful idea, Will! Of course I'll be there." Naomi Solace said on the other end of the Iris Message.

Will was currently alone in his dorm. Ever since Jason moved into couple's housing with Piper last semester, the married demigods having trouble finding a house for sale and not really wanting an apartment, his roommate was a Roman son of Apollo who was scarcely around. This wasn't a bad thing of course since this meant Nico could come over without feeling like he was intruding. It was also a good thing because this meant no one would overhear the plans he was making with his mother over the IM.

"Thanks, mom," Will smiled happily. "Are you sure it's no trouble traveling all the way here? I can pay for a coach ticket or something, you know. Driving here would take forever and it's not fair to ask you... yes, mom?"

The woman of her late forties was giving her son a pointed look that meant for him to stop talking. It was a look that only women could pull off so well, mothers being the best at it by far.

"William, I don't mind driving down at all. I don't want you to worry about me when you have far more important things to worry about. You're going to propose to the love of your life, which means you need to go ring shopping. Have you thought about if you're going to bring someone with or even know what type of ring to look for? I know you've already decided where, when, and who with, but if you don't want to stress the day of you should figure this out as soon as possible."

"I know," he said as he twiddled his thumbs nervously, "and I've thought about where I'm going to go ring shopping. There's this place in New Rome run by legacies of Cupid and Venus. Frank went there with his grandmother to find the engagement and wedding rings for Hazel, and I thought they were beautiful. I'm actually planning on asking Hazel and Reyna to go there with me."

Mrs. Solace nodded in understanding. "His sister is a great person to ask, and that Reyna girl is basically his sister as well. Great choices, sweetie. You're sure you can afford it?"

Will let out a small laugh, blue eyes flashing with glee. "I've been tutoring other demigods since my second semester of college for this, mom. Rings at this shop are also nowhere near as expensive as they normally are since, well, Venus likes weddings and making rings affordable for demigods and legacies ups the chances of them happening."

"That's wonderful! Well, I guess I should stop fretting over you so you can get everyone else on board, huh? You said Nico works until five and it's already three o'clock."

"Yeah, I'd better get going. This is one of the only times I'm free without having to worry about him being around; thank the gods he doesn't know about my Organic Chemistry class getting canceled because of yesterday's exam. Anyway, I love you, mom. I'll IM you sometime later next week once I've set everything in motion."

She gave him an encouraging smile. "Good luck, Will!"

Once the connection was severed, Naomi couldn't help but chuckle. She turned to the envelope given to her last night by her future son-in-law, which was sitting innocently on the counter, and smiled. Traveling to New Rome that weekend would be no trouble at all. Inside the envelope was a bus ticket and a note with the exact same information her son had just shared with her written by the son of Hades himself.

"Lou Ellen?" Nico said as he tapped the girl's shoulder.

The daughter of Hecate yelped, the ball of mist in her hand falling to the ground and dissipating harmlessly. She turned around to chew the person who had caused her to drop it out, but stopped when she saw it was him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Nico!" She exclaimed brightly before running at him and hugging him before he could protest. The group of her siblings that had been in front of her learning, obviously newbies when it came to magic, stared at the boy that had just walked out of the shadows and knew their counselor curiously. "It's been months since you've last visited! Where's Will? Is he here too?"