HALLOWEEN AND MCDONALDS

It all started when Percy had wanted to go trick-or-treating.

To be fair, Percy wanted to get everyone out of camp so Reyna, Hazel, and Frank could decorate the Hades cabin for Nico's birthday. He planned on keeping the son of Hades out until midnight gathering candy so when they returned to camp they would launch straight into a night of partying with their friends.

Chiron didn't know his ulterior motives when he flat out told the son of Poseidon that is wasn't safe. He also asked the demigod if he wasn't seventeen and too old to go house to house asking for candy. On the other hand, Percy was adamant about getting out of camp and enjoying Halloween saying he hadn't been able to since he was eleven. After promising he and his friends would be fine, Chiron finally relented. In truth Percy was one of the strongest demigods in the world and could handle things just fine. The centaur couldn't help but think he was just a bit childish though, despite the godly power at the tips of his fingers.

Convincing everyone to join him had not been too hard. Jason, Cecil, Leo, Lou Ellen, and Will said yes right away. Piper and Annabeth agreed for the sake of their boyfriends. Calypso had also never gone trick-or-treating, so with Leo's word she nodded as well. Nico was the only one who had put up a fight.

"I don't want to go," the son of Hades growled.

"It'll be fun!" Percy gave him puppy dog eyes. "Please, for me?"

Nico's glare didn't waiver. "No."

Suddenly a hand was on his shoulder, and Nico met Will Solace's beautiful blue eyes. "How about going for me, Death Boy? I'll even let you pick my costume," he said with a wink.

He instantly pictured Will in a nurse's outfit. Blushing, Nico turned away but otherwise nodded. An hour or so later the demigods were at Walmart. They all needed costumes after all.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Percy... what are you doing dressed as a horse?"

The demigods had decided to keep their choice of costume a secret until that night. It was now nearing seven o'clock, and the ten friends were standing on Half-blood Hill surveying each other's costumes.

The one dressed as a horse was Percy, the only reason anyone knew because he was the only one whose entire body was covered by said costume. Apparently he had spotted it and instantly thought of Blackjack, despite the fact his friend was a pegasus, not a horse.

Annabeth was dressed as a warrior, only a very pretty one instead of how she'd dress during camp activities. Her skirt was made of metal blade-like pieces and her hair wasn't done up in a pony-tail like usual, two things that were not actually how she would dress if she were going into a real fight.

Leo dressed up as a dragon, except he looked more like Festus than any other dragon. He had designed an outfit of metal that showed off spikes crawling down his spine, wings that were not just for decoration, and a fully functioning tail that acting in tune with Leo's nerves. He had half cloth half metal gloves on that had claws on the end of them, and he wore a dragon-shaped helmet too.

Calypso had chosen the first thing she'd seen, which had been an angel costume. Her outfit fit her nicely, and Leo couldn't stop himself from calling her gorgeous.

Jason and Piper had decided to match, Jason being Superman and Piper dressing as Wonderwoman. The son of Jupiter was more excited than his significant other; however, he made it up to Piper by telling her she could have half of his candy.

Lou Ellen was a witch (go figure) and Cecil was dressed as a bandit, complete with a sack for candy (also go figure).

Will had been true to his word, letting his boyfriend pick out what he would be wearing. To his surprise he had chosen a pirate costume. To farther his surprise, Nico had chosen one as well. They were in similar yet different outfits, the major difference being the Captain's hat on Nico's head while Will got a simple red bandana.