CAMP HB VS CAMP JUPITER

"I still can't believe you were born on the Summer Solstice," Nico commented as he played with a strand of Will's hair.

It was nearing noon, yet neither of them could bring themselves to leave the cozy bed they were sharing the moment. After a night of watching anime in the Hades cabin, they had fallen asleep cuddling to wake up on June 21st, the Summer Solstice. Moreover, it was Will's birthday.

"My dad has a sense of humor?" The son of Apollo guessed.

"I suppose. My birthday is on Saint Martin's Day, the day of the dead, so perhaps our godly parents actually have something in common. Don't tell my dad that though; he'd kill me."

Nuzzling his face into Nico's neck, Will chuckled. "Then I'd have to go down there and bring you back to life."

"Raising the dead is my thing, Sunshine. You're an idiot sometimes."

"I'm your idiot," he responded.

"And I love you just the way you are," Nico said with an eye roll before pecking his boyfriend's lips. "Happy Birthday, Will."

"Awe, thank you!" He said with a literal nearly blinding smiling. "So what do we have in store for today, Death Boy? Maybe a romantic walk on the beach, a picnic, more cuddles..." He listed excitedly.

Nico rolled his eyes, shoving his boyfriend away from him before commanding him to get dressed for lunch. The birthday boy had no idea that his siblings had decorated the Apollo table for the occasion. They were most likely waiting there impatiently for Will to see the cake and balloons that were specifically for him. He also had no idea that Nico had shadow traveled into New York, New York a few days prior to get him a present.

"Nico," Will said with his hands on his hips. "I can't get dressed when you have my shirt on."

"Put one of mine on then."

"But Death Boy," he whined, "you only own black!"

The son of Hades grinned while grabbing jeans to put on in place of his shorts before heading to the bathroom. "You look great in anything. Now just hurry up before we miss lunch completely!"

Five minutes later, the couple walked hand in hand towards the dining pavilion. As it came into view Will squinted when he noticed helium balloons tied down to the regular Apollo table as well as a bright yellow frosted cake. His siblings began chatting excitedly as they approached, and Will even noticed a few presents on one end of the table.

All of this was really for him?

Once they were a few feet away, Kayla and Austin told everyone to sing the birthday song. When they were finished, Nico simply turned to his boyfriend and said, "Happy Sixteenth Birthday, Will."

The eldest child of Apollo grinned like a madman when his siblings, boyfriend, and friends wished him happy birthday. He had not been expecting his birthday to be a big deal, since it usually wasn't (there were so many campers after all), but he hadn't counted on dating a son of the Big Three a year prior either.

While they ate delicious golden vanilla cake, Nico admitted to Will about collaborating with his siblings while he was taking stock at the infirmary. It hadn't been hard since Will always took his duties seriously and often lost himself in his work. It made it easier for Nico to get his friends in on it as well.

"Are you excited for the party tonight?" Percy suddenly asked.

Will tilted his head in confusion just as Jason smacked Percy upside the head. "What party?" He turned to Nico suspiciously. "Were you planning on throwing me a party?"