FAILED REVENGE

"Drew, what do you want?"

The daughter of Aphrodite smiled innocently at the child of Nemesis. Ashton, the counselor of the Nemesis cabin, saw through her act right away. He was the child of the goddess of revenge after all. He could sense why she had come to him; the stench of need for revenge was always clear to children of Cabin 16.

"You're good with revenge, aren't you?"

Ashton scowled. He was very much like Nico when it came interacting with people. "It's in my blood, so yes. That doesn't mean I'll help you with anything. Get one of my siblings to help you if it's a score you want settled. I don't play that game."

Drew lost her preppy façade and narrowed her eyes at him. "What kind of child of Nemesis are you to not want to help someone get revenge?"

"I can tell yours is a petty need brought upon by boredom and general unhappiness," the boy answered unemotionally. "Maybe instead of messing with someone else's love life, you should focus on finding someone whose heart you won't break as a game. Aren't you getting a little old for such childish behavior?"

Scoffing angrily, she pointed a painted nail into the boy's chest threateningly. "You're thirteen, kid! Don't lecture me on childish behavior. Anyway, you're going to help me whether you like it or not."

Ashton laughed outright, his tone somewhat amused. "What makes you think you can order me around?"

She smirked. "You're going to help me," her voice was laced with charmspeak, "by hitting on Nico di Angelo."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Come on, Percy! Using your powers during sharks and minnows to evade us is cheating."

Many campers were taking advantage of the absolutely beautiful day at Camp Half-blood. The sun was shining, the temperature was a nice seventy-nine degrees, and the lake was the perfect place to hang out with six of the Seven reunited. Hazel was visiting because she had gotten the time off, but Frank was busy with his duties as Praetor. Still, the six of them along with Calypso, Will, Nico, Lou Ellen, and Cecil were among the demigods playing in the camp lake.

Percy smirked at Leo as he sent a small jet of water at the son of Hephaestus' face. "Water you talking about, Leo? I think we're having a whale of a time."

He sputtered as he wiped the water out of his eyes. "Once we're out of the water I'm going to help you dry off, you hear me? Fire is great when it comes to burning— I mean evaporating someone alive."

"No thanks, dude. I can dry myself off at will."

"Show off."

Nico and Will watched as Jason snuck up on the son of Poseidon, who had been too preoccupied talking with Leo to notice him growing nearer. He was dragged under in a second, although it didn't matter much since he was the son of the sea god.

"Are you sure you don't want to join them?" Will asked as he and Nico walked around the lake for the second time. They were completely dry now that they had been air-drying.

The son of Hades shook his head. "After that crazy game of Marco Polo? I am not going in the water again today thank you very much."

Will smiled sheepishly. "Cecil didn't mean to grab your swim trucks..."

"He almost yanked them off in order to tag me! Gods that would have been embarrassing."

"It was an accident, Death Boy."

"I know, but I still think I'm done for today. I wouldn't want to test my luck with Poseidon."

"You've saved Percy's life," Will counted on his fingers before giving up, "more times than I can count on my hands. This Big Three rivalry is a thing of the past."