A NEW ARRIVAL

Annabeth and Percy's child had been only the first of many to come from their odd demigod family. Truth be told, it was still a bit hard to look at one another and see children being bounced on a knee or drinking milk from a bottle. It was even more difficult to realize they all had graduated college and had real jobs now. Were they even demigods anymore?

Of course they were. And their family would be anything but normal because of this.

"Hazel, your son just turned into a hedgehog because I told him to eat his vegetables. Please tell him to turn back because he's not listening to me."

The daughter of Pluto sighed, walking away from the swings where a four year-old Luke Jackson was being pushed by Annabeth and a two year-old Silena Grace was gently rocked to sleep by Piper. When she made it to the picnic table where her brother was gingerly trying to pick up a puffed up hedgehog, she only rolled her eyes once before reprimanding him.

"Samuel Nicolas Zhang! You know it's not right to shapeshift just to get out of eating healthy food. Turn back this instant and then apologize to Uncle Nico."

It took no less than three seconds for a three year-old to replace the animal. The pouting face that had his mother's golden eyes but Frank's facial structure and hair color mumbled a quick "sorry" before begrudgingly eating his carrots.

Nico smiled at his nephew, ruffling his short hair and causing him to look up confused.

"You know," he started when Hazel walked back over to the girls so they could resume their conversation on medieval weaponry, "good boys that eat their vegetables get to shadow travel with Nico and get ice cream from McDonalds. How does that sound?"

His eyes lit up in excitement. Nico chuckled as he ate his food with more enthusiasm, stopping a few seconds later though when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Planning on spoiling him with sweets, are you?"

Nico grinned up at the blond standing behind him. "You know me so well."

"We've been married for nearly six years now," Will pointed out before pecking his husband's cheek. "I only hope I know you better than I know myself. Anyway, Leo and Calypso are going to fly back home because Esperanza keeps setting herself on fire."

"She's not even one yet. I say give the kid a break since it's really Leo's fault anyway. He made her."

"Death Boy, you know it takes two."

"Yes, but you never blame the woman."

Rolling his eyes, Will sat down next to the demigod and legacy. "Whatever. I came over here to ask you something."

"Did Lou Ellen and Cecil Iris Message you about visiting them in New Greece again? Those two are so impatient. We saw them at their wedding a month ago, didn't we? I swear, if they are pregnant already..."

"Someone's still upset about last week, isn't he?"

Nico frowned at his husband, hurt in his eyes. "Even Reyna and Tucker will be gaining a child in less than nine months, Will. We've been waiting how long to adopt or even foster anyone? Five years. It's like the Fates hate us."

"No they don't." Placing a hand on Nico's cheek, Will caressed his face as a sad but hopeful look entered his own eyes. "It's unfortunate the waitlist is so long, and none of us can do anything to sway the Roman Senate into letting us expand our search to the Roman camp. I would say we could go outside camp and adopt a mortal, but that would be putting them in danger unless we found a clear-sighted one. We'll just have to wait until the time comes, okay? Unless you want to accept my dad's offer."