SHIPS SETTING SAIL

Hazel walked back over to the main table where all of her friends and brother were sitting with a blush on her face. In her hands she held a bouquet of flowers that had been in Piper's possession only a minute prior. The newlywed was talking to her father, Tristan McLean, but there was no doubt she would tease the daughter of Pluto as soon as she got the chance.

"Just wait until dad finds out about this," Nico said playfully while glancing at Frank. The son of Mars attempted to glare at him, but not only was that nearly impossible for him normally, the effect was also ruined by the pink dusting his cheeks.

"You're so mean to him, Nico." She scolded him with a flick to his forehead. He merely stuck his tongue out at her, which was quickly captured by Will. "Pluto will be happy. Well, maybe not exactly happy, but he won't be opposed to the idea of Frank and I marrying. Besides, I just caught the bouquet. It's not like I just got engaged."

Percy laughed from where he sat next to his wife. "I don't know, Hazel. The magic of the bouquet toss has been accurate ever since Annabeth caught the one my mother threw."

"Tell me about it," Annabeth grinned at her husband before pecking his cheek. A content sigh escaped her, gray eyes turning towards the open blue sky courtesy of the gods. "I never imagined I would live this long, let alone marry a son of Poseidon and end up with so many close Greek and Roman friends."

"Friends? Are you kidding? We're basically family!" Piper said as she snuck up behind Annabeth and hugged her.

The daughter of Athena laughed, those at the table agreeing wholeheartedly with Piper's statement.

After talking for several minutes, the music finally began and the newlyweds had to have the first dance as husband and wife. Shortly after everyone at the head table made their way down to join in. Everyone except Will and Nico that is.

"The Fates must be in a sardonic mood," Nico whispered to Will as he watched his sister dance with Frank from afar.

"Why would you say that?"

"Will, remember when Frank and I went shopping for a gift for Jason? We didn't just go to the mall that day. It was one of the only chances to get away from Hazel without her noticing his life force had vanished underground. He talked to Pluto about proposing to her that weekend."

Blue eyes widening, Nico had to clamp a hand over his boyfriend's mouth before he could squeal or make another unmanly noise.

"Keep your overly excited mouth shut, you hear me? I have no idea when he plans on popping the question but until he does keep this a secret."

"Does Jason know?" Will asked.

Nico shrugged. "I have no idea. Why?"

"I bet he totally used his powers over the wind so Hazel could catch it. There were like four people in front of her and taller than her, but somehow it soared over them and just barely landed in Hazel's hands. I think he's in on it."

"Maybe he is," Nico muttered while staring off into space deep in thought. "We can't be sure though, so no mentioning it to anyone."

"I bet you're just scared because the sooner they get married the sooner you will be flower boy."

The younger boy groaned, eyes darting towards the dance floor to make sure none of their friends were approaching. "I can't believe I said that all that time ago. Now that I think back to it, I was most likely trying to rile Frank up because he's just so amusing. He was also only one of the few people I liked since he doesn't have a problem with children of the Underworld, and I also thought it would be funny. I regret it now though, because I know Hazel will keep me to my word."