EPISODE 4 - THE SKY PEOPLE

I don't know what happened to me that day. The only thing I can remember from that day is that I saw a sky people and I know why they are here.

I woke up in fear in Moa't healing room. I couldn't breath but somehow I succeeded to scream. I don’t know why I screamed. My parents tried to calm me down but I couldn't. I was so afraid from what had happened in the woods. I couldn’t forget the things which the boy had said. But after a few minutes they managed to calm me down.

My parents asked me what had happened.  I told them quietly and without strength "the sky people are here and only the rich people came". But I didn't tell them that they wanted to kill me because I was afraid that they would lock me and I wouldn't be able to do anything.

They didn't believe me. They laughed. I said to them when my strength returned "they are here. I saw one of them. And I spoke to him in the woods". They continued laughing. I said again out loud while I looked at my sempul "they are real. The sky people are here. I saw one of them in the woods. You have to believe me. The boy which I saw talked to me. Sa'nok! . He is real!". They didn’t believe me. I looked at my brothers and said quietly "come on. Loa'k. Neteyam. You have to believe me. I am telling the truth!".

My Sa'nok approached to me and said to me, softly "maybe you dreamt about him. They can't come here. We banished them. A long time ago. Don’t worry my sweet girl. You are safe with us". Then she hugged me.  My sempul looked at me and said that what I had seen was just a dream. And I was speaking nonsense.

After my sempul told me these words, I ran away with tears in my eyes to the woods, to hide in my secret place.

When I started to run I heard my sempul screaming "Tuktirey. I'm sorry. I didn’t mean it." then I heard my sa'nok say to my sempul "Skxawng" meaning moron. My brothers wanted to run toward me. But I guess that Moa't stopped them.